Close
Income brainstorm
Basically, need to cover 630 dollars a month for 6 months.

Would anyone be willing to buy a "yande.re plus" subscription @ 4$ a month to get:

1) Download stars *
2) Unrestricted limit meta tag **
3) Zip downloads ***

I'm trying to model a "free to play" subscription where "convenience" options are available if you are a subscriber.

Like I said this is a brainstorm, not a I'm going to do this without input from community.

*This would mean the download links on /post would disappear for non subscription users
**This would mean limit=30 would be max for non subscription users
***This would mean zip downloads would be disabled for non subscription users
I remember there used to be a montly donation in the past. But it was halted at some point.

As for me, I would gladly pay a "subscription" every month, but I don't need any extras in return for it. I'm already grateful enough to be able to use this site without anything in return so far. I wouldn't mind if the fee was a few dollars higher either.

I don't really have either a "do" or "do not" opinion about your idea for restrictions though. Apart from the limit I guess I don't really use the other 2 features.

I would only be able to use paypal or something similar for the actual payments since I don't have a credit card (yet at least)
I don't really mind a subscription model. I'm not sure I use those features much, I do use the zip downloads from time to time however I guess.

I'm not sure who's better, Google Wallet or PayPal, but I think Google Wallet allows one to hide their email address, not sure if there are any other privacy features over PayPal.

I would also hope that any money earned beyond the direct costs of running the site are spent towards the site, be that upgrades to better hardware (hardware RAID and proper enterprise harddrives!) or artbooks and content.

My only complaint with my own suggestion however is contributing money towards content one finds disagreeable. I wouldn't want to do that, and determining that for everyone contributing would be difficult.
Extras for convenience wouldn't really bother me. I never use zip downloads, though I do use the download links on /post occasionally. As long as normal functionality isn't hindered, I couldn't care less. I would probably pay for a subscription anyway, and especially if it's only 4 bucks a month. Seems like a no-brainer, really.

Also, could somebody tell me what 'limit=30' is?
Limit:x changes how many images are shown per page.
Using limit:30 would show 30, etc.
I still like the word "donation" better

For the subscriber, s it possible to add some kinds of statistic like top 100 rated/downloaded picture of the week (ie. expanding the popular function)? I am happy with the site as it is, but adding something non-essential would be nice. Just brainstorming.
VorpalNeko said:
Limit:x changes how many images are shown per page.
Using limit:30 would show 30, etc.
Oh, I never use that. I just stick to the default.
Limit tag is for holds and tagging.
crim said:
Limit tag is for holds and tagging.
Limit tag can be used on the main page as well as searches...

https://yande.re/post?page=1&limit=30

I forgot that I use this feature frequently.
Only you if you offer a propper payservice as option. For me as european user wold it be PayPal.
castle said:
I still like the word "donation" better

For the subscriber, s it possible to add some kinds of statistic like top 100 rated/downloaded picture of the week (ie. expanding the popular function)? I am happy with the site as it is, but adding something non-essential would be nice. Just brainstorming.
Donations was a great way to go about it but we ran into issues last time so no donations. A "subscription" is better.
To offer proper pay service requires the removal of all ero related stuff.

I'm probably going to change it to more of, send some BTC (Bitcoin) as donations, no monthly requirement of amount sent.
admin2 said:
send some BTC (Bitcoin) as donations
That's a bad idea. Won't be long before the feds crack down on it.
I need a tutorial on bitcoin. I just download the wallet from weusecoins.com and need to buy some coins. How can I get coins?
you can use https://coinbase.com/ to setup a wallet and then transfer coins to send

also on a side note, tshirts are being made hopefully they'll sell!