Close
partical scan
Excuse me, guy, again.
could some body tell me a way to do the partical scan?
my friend wants to scan a dakimakura, but he needs to do the partical scan. He tried the first time and sent to me to do the photoshop (put them together), and I find out that the size is a little bit different so I can't put them together properly. I tried to see other people's partical scan for now but could some one can give me a guide for partical scan or photoshop? I didn't find one in the forum. Thanks!
There are some automated methods for stitching partial scans together.
In Photoshop CS5: File > Automate > Photomerge...
Or you can try Microsoft ICE.
van said:
There are some automated methods for stitching partial scans together.
In Photoshop CS5: File > Automate > Photomerge...
Or you can try Microsoft ICE.
I tryed the photomerge one, but it didn't work...so I am thinking a good way to scan to make sure the PS work would be much better.
Sometimes if not most of the time, you'll have to rotate the image yourself and fit them in correctly. Don't expect photomerge or the MS ice to do all the work for you.

Dupe the image you want, cut it, rotate it some more and even you'll have to warp some sections to fit it all in properly.
ICE can often handle ones that photomerge fails on.
Both of them failed on me here since there's no possibility of a correction. Had to take bits of pieces of 2 scans for it and still not done >.>

It should always work if you make sure to have enough overlaps. And try to make them as flat as you can when scanning.

Rorating thing doesn't matter, since any stitching software would do it automatically - some of them even can distort your images automatically - but in a limited degree. In one word, just make sure your images have degrees of freedom which don't exceed what software's algorithm can handle :P
fireattack said:
It should always work if you make sure to have enough overlaps. And try to make them as flat as you can when scanning.

Rorating thing doesn't matter, since any stitching software would do it automatically - some of them even can distort your images automatically - but in a limited degree. In one word, just make sure your images have degrees of freedom which don't exceed what software's algorithm can handle :P
Got it, thanks! I will try recently
In photoshop CS3, you can use: File > Automate > Photomerge > Interactive Layout, which gives the best result with Photomerge. But Adobe somewhat removed this function ┐(´д`)┌ヤレヤレ
You can still download this plugin from their site for later version, but not in 64bit.