Close
Freshman uploader: Need guide/ help
I'm an underclassman and a newbie uploader of this anime images website, and I've started massively upload images until my satisfactory or till my parents yell.

Unfortunately I don't really get some of the steps/ reasons for deletions/ rankings and even more. I hope that tolerations can be given if I ask some absurd questions since I'm quite ignorant, I guess -w-"

...I wish that mods/ members can figure out my problems:

Differences between privileged and contributor?
Definitions for popular reasons of post deletions? (jpeg game_cg, subpar artwork, bleed through etc.)
Parent post and child post must have exactly same pixel? (screening?)
Source links can be added other than pixiv link?

Thanks!!
jpeg game cg: We only accept png (lossless) game cg.

subpar artwork: the artworks which are subpar. It's subjective to mod's decision so don't complain w/ it too much.

p/c things: no. actually if they really have exactly same pixels i belive one of them should be deleted. Parent/child is mainly for one same artwork from different publications, such as mags, artbooks; or different version of scan of a same picture (however sometimes we would delete bad ones). And apprently cropping of existed pictures won't be accpeted - because everyone can do it by himself so it's no point to upload them. and please read howto:do everything, esp. howto:parent/child.

about source, only "original" source is accepted, it includes pixiv, nicoseiga or any other artist-self-upload creation webside, or offical webside for galgames or artists. It doesn't include any imageboard like danbooru or zerochan, etc,. (Any mods wanna help write a howto:source?)

privileged and contributor don't have too much difference and no explicit way for you to be "promoted" to contributor so don't bother.
Most uses don't bother reading it but the wiki will provide you with some information. Outdated but still useful.

SlenderMan said:
Differences between privileged and contributor?
The only difference b/t these two are the ability to post anonymously, that is all.

SlenderMan said:
Definitions for popular reasons of post deletions? (jpeg game_cg, subpar artwork,
Any Visual Novel / Eroge will come in PNG or other lossless format when they are ripped from the games. We don't want jpeg or inferior lossy format version of them. Simple, keep your upload as high quality as possible b/c you're not just uploading for self satisfaction, others will use it in some form, graphic alterations and suches.

**As fireattack said, png only. Because we don't accept other formats like tiff, bmp and suches.

Subpar artwork is mostly based on the mod deleting it and is subjective, but you can usually examine the artwork technique / style and tell that it sucks. We don't expect a masterpiece but we don't want a piece of crap. An artist might be starting his online career for illustration, but that doesn't mean it needs to be posted here.

Users need to do a preliminary inspection before the upload.

But no parent / child posts don't need to be same dimension, not always.

Bleed through are part of our tags for faults. Read more here
tag type: faults (specifically, bleed through) Which you should if you plan on uploading. The wikis are a bit outdated but it's a general outline of what everyone expects not just us mods.

SlenderMan said:
Parent post and child post must have exactly same pixel?
howto:parent/child

Source link is not just pixiv, any posts, as the only images you will find with no source are images we've personally scanned and screened and those that have unknown sources.

[edited links by fireattack]