Close
Black Rock shooter and Vocaloid
Probably I'm not the first one who said this, but just in case...

As you may know, Black Rock Shooter became popular thanks to Miku's song. But in truth Ryo was inspired by Huke's artwork of her, and accepted to collaborate and made a short movie for such song (since huke is actually a graphic designer of supercell).

Basically I'm saying that Brs is not a derivative of that song. It's the total opposite.
I suppose that doesn't make her a vocaloid derivate or even worse, Miku's dark alter ego.

Not to mention, Crypton itself ( guess what? Vocaloid's creator) has requested not to put both of them in the same category for the same reason (google it if you don't believe me).

Is still necessary to tag every sigle picture (including characters that have not appeared in the music video or huke' soriginals) of herw as vocaloid? You may understand that it'is kind of confusing seeing dead master or black gold saw tagged under Vocaloid, for people who don't know the sad fact they are not related at all.
So please, stop saying that black rock shooter is a vocaloid product.
Not asking to remove it all, I recognize she's still related. But now she's a well developed character and has many official series. At least remove it from the picture related to the anime/ova/game/different versions/other characters. That would make some sense. Basically, add Vocaloid tag if the illustration is related to the music video.

This post was not meant to start a fight, please remember that if you reply.
I'm not totally sure but the vocaloid tag shouldn't apply to BRS since they're completely different. The vocaloid tag should only apply to images related to the video, or simply just don't tag vocaloid at all.
I say that we remove the implication, and delete vocaloid from the BRS images.
Omitake said:
So please, stop saying that black rock shooter is a vocaloid product.
More like BRS was a Vocaloid subproduct.
blooregardo said:
More like BRS was a Vocaloid subproduct.
She is not and was not. Even Crypton formally asked users on piapro to stop that, but as we can see people still want to believe that brs belongs to vocaloid.
Stuck that in mind, everyone. She is NOT a vocaloid product. Her creator and Ryo just happened to COOPERATE.