Close

This topic is locked.

"502 Bad Gateway Error", Unable to Log-In
In the last few weeks, I have been unable to log into the site from any browser browser, either by regular means or through private browsing. I first noticed this when I tried to log-in through the latter mode in Chrome and then decided to manually logged out and log back in Chrome proper to test it out, only to get the same 502 error. I am still currently logged-in via Firefox, but only because I have not logged-out of it. I have not seen such a problem being reported in the forums or on Twitter, so is it a problem on my end?
It's rather hard to say. Did you try logging using another device, from another internet provider? Let's say, did you try to borrow a friend's laptop and login from his dorm wifi?

The problem you described has nothing to do with logging-in and out, either it will give you 502 error all the time (thus, render you unable to access to yande.re) or occasionally , not just only when you attempt to login.
I don't have access to another internet provider's service, but for what it's worth, I tried logging in through my provider's public WiFi service with another device, and was still unable to complete the process.

Like with each other time, the process stops at "https://yande.re/user/authenticate" with the 502 error message. I know they are operated by different people and different versions, but for the record, I have not encountered any such issues with other -booru-based sites like Danbooru and Sakugabooru. I can still access and browse through yande.re just fine without logging-in, but when I actually try to, I get stuffed (I haven't encountered anything strange while still remaining logged-in here).
Thank you for your diagnostic. I've made some change to the backend, can you try again for me?

For the record, did you also have an unusual high amount of number of character in your password, let's say 64 characters and up?
weird that the error is not logged in usual places. Have you tried clearing your cookies?
Checkmate said:
Thank you for your diagnostic. I've made some change to the backend, can you try again for me?

For the record, did you also have an unusual high amount of number of character in your password, let's say 64 characters and up?
I tried logging in and out across all of the browsers I have and everything works fine now (the only *slight* outlier would be when I logged-in through my iPod touch, which generated an "about:blank" page, but remained still successful; not a huge deal, and mine is a 2nd gen, anyway…). As for my password, it's definitely not *that* crazy high…

Thank you for your help!

edogawaconan said:
weird that the error is not logged in usual places. Have you tried clearing your cookies?
I tried clearing out site-relevant cookies in one browser, deleted all cookies in another, tried logging in for the first time in four other browsers (one of them I barely ever use), and tried private browsing where available (which starts off on a clean slate with no cookies or add-ons). They were up-to-date, too, and I encountered the same error, regardless.
I supposed the changes I made fixed your problem. Is there any other problem? (Aside the ipod touch one)
Checkmate said:
I supposed the changes I made fixed your problem. Is there any other problem? (Aside the ipod touch one)
No, besides that everything works fine. Thank you!
I'll lock this topic then, thank you for your diagnostic which help fixing this.