Close

This topic is locked.

Unable to see pictures - Admin please help
Hello,

I'm able to load the yande.re site, but the pictures are not loading. I just see the broken picture icons. The browser that I'm using is Firefox 34.0. I've tried using Chrome, but the site doesn't seem to load. I just recently used an image downloader to download some images. Has my account been blocked somehow from being able to view pictures from yande.re? I tried to ping yande.re and I'm able to ping the site.

Someone please help. My account ID in yande is "alphonse".
Image downloading can certainly get you banned, so I'd recommend against them. However, there isn't anything the mods can do if you had gotten banned so you'll just need to wait it out until it clears.
Yeah I was able to access the site and my account and see the pictures when I used my mobile data internet. But when I went on my computer and used the internet service for my computer, I can't see the pictures. So that means the website has somehow blocked my domain from viewing the pictures.

Do you know if this ban is permanent? I only used the image downloader to download images from the tag "houtengeki".
Does anybody know when I will be unbanned?
alphonse said:
Does anybody know when I will be unbanned?
the fact you stll able accest yande.re means you not baned...but maybe your isp blocked yande.re ..you can try to use vpn
Yeah I thought so too. Don't know why my isp would block yande. I'll have to call them. How do I use vpn?
By you can't see picture what would happen if you directly open a picture like https://files.yande.re/sample/160ae682dcbda178ce9e7f1125d8b83f/test.jpg ? 403 or what?
fireattack said:
By you can't see picture what would happen if you directly open a picture like https://files.yande.re/sample/160ae682dcbda178ce9e7f1125d8b83f/test.jpg ? 403 or what?
I got a connection timeout error. Here is the message from the browser:

The connection has timed out

The server at files.yande.re is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I'm using Firefox 34.0. I tried using Chrome, and it couldn't even load the yande.re website. At least with Firefox I can load the website, but I can't see the pictures. They all come up as broken picture icons.
Please Private Message me your ip address and I'll check the server log to see what the problem is. Also please give me approximate time (your local time, along with your timezone) so I can pinpoint your attempts in the logs.
Checkmate said:
Please Private Message me your ip address and I'll check the server log to see what the problem is. Also please give me approximate time (your local time, along with your timezone) so I can pinpoint your attempts in the logs.
Hi Checkmate, I've sent you a message with the subject line: Problem viewing pictures

Thank you so much again!
Have noticed similar problems when 'js' is toggled on (but my normal FF is very old). The various parts with pictures like (div=edit, say display:none). If I edit out 'none' in firebug, I can see the missing pieces (like the pictures or the editing functions).

Thought I tried accessing the pic mentioned above, and no problems (no timeout), so likely not the same prob.
The OP reported that the problem fixed itself as of today.