Close
New hood or hoodie tag
I was thinking it would be great if we had a hood tag. We could then not just tag common hoodies (such as post #249618) but also jackets (eg. post #319734), coats (post #318891), etc. as long as its intended use is to cover the hair and neck and it is possibly attached to the upper garment or some other part of the clothing.

What do you guys (and the mods) think? Would this tag have any chance of being kept alive?
I personally think it would, especially since you're announcing that you would like it. It's a good idea in my opinion
One of the reasons new descriptive tags are unlikely to be accepted is because someone would have to go through all of the old images to check where the tag applies. Would you be willing to do that?
Personally I'm not against a hood tag but I'm not a mod.
I'm not against adding new tag in general, but I don't really like to add more clothing/dressing tags.

And what Azarel said, too.
I've always been against adding new general tags so I'll stay out of this.
because someone would have to go through all of the old images to check where the tag applies
Not sure why it is a must...

Also I've been wondering why people are against adding more tags. Not like the server will be slower because of it and general tags are grouped at the end of tag list anyway.
Because as a perfectionist I don't like incomplete tagging.

And to be honest tagging general tag is very time-consuming and we're lack of volunteers. It's said, the ones who suggest new tag(s) never/hardly tagging (no offense).
While I'm not against adding more general tag, I feel like a detailed descriptive tag will cause more burden to tagger and the site. I'm in for a generic one that is helpful enough. But one like hoodies. I'm not very sure... jackets and coats? Too ambiguous, how to even distinguish them?

Few examples are miko, seifuku, sukumizu etc.
edogawaconan said:
Not sure why it is a must...
Not using the tag properly on the whole site defeats the whole purpose of having the tag in the first place.
We even have a tag deletion proposal -thread ( https://yande.re/forum/show/3575 ) where many tags were removed because they weren't used consistently (or because they were deemed unnecessary).
Azarel said:
Not using the tag properly on the whole site defeats the whole purpose of having the tag in the first place.
I personally would rather have partial (incomplete) result than no result.

Like, just let the ones who care about it add it - it'll probably die out in few days but the next guy who want to do it will have less job to do.
To be honest, I don't pay attention to most tags, I just go to a copyright and look through every image and do what I like but I guess some people would prefer to have things more organised

If you need volunteers for tagging tell me the job and I wouldn't mind doing it in my spare time, only other thing I'm doing with my early work days during summer is playing Osu! lol
So can we at least decide whether partial tagging would present a problem?
Because if adding a new tag ment going through the 320k images to tag the appropriate ones, then I would probably stop here, since I don't have the time to go through all of them.

Also, I would rather call it off than force the task onto someone else.
Checkmate said:
While I'm not against adding more general tag, I feel like a detailed descriptive tag will cause more burden to tagger and the site. I'm in for a generic one that is helpful enough. But one like hoodies. I'm not very sure... jackets and coats? Too ambiguous, how to even distinguish them?
This is why I thought, the tag "hood" would work. We would not have to distingish between jacket and coats.

However, if the hood of a hoodie is only barely visible, then it somehow feels wrong to tag it (eg. post #309311).
hexdump said:
This is why I thought, the tag "hood" would work. We would not have to distingish between jacket and coats.

However, if the hood of a hoodie is only barely visible, then it somehow feels wrong to tag it (eg. post #309311).
What would we do about hats?
Phosai said:
What would we do about hats?
Nothing.. hats are hardly a hoodie.. they are a hat.