Close
Yande.re celebrates its 10th birthday!!!
Hello guys, I'm the community manager and I'm very excited to reach such a historic moment for our little elitist imageboard. The 13th of the current month Yande.re, formerly know as Moe-Imouto and Oreno-Imouto, will be 10 years old!!!
While I've been only in 8 of the 10 years of the site's history it makes me very happy to have shared my love for the japanese artwork and illustrations.
The story of the site is the story of anime, of doujinshi, of merchandise, of the ever-present desire of our brothers for quality and the efforts for obtaining the best. Of the technology and methods developed for this purpose. Of internet knowledge and cooperation of people from all over the world.
Anyway, I created this thread so we can express how this makes us feel. And since I'm preparing a special on twitter for the ocassion would like to know:
-Has any image a special place on your heart along all these years?
-Which one has scared/amused/surprised you the most?
Also, if you think any image is specially remarkable for whatever reason, tell us, we'll be happy to know how a imageboard has impacted your life. It certainly has impacted mine.
Happy 10th! Didn't realize it has been that long. Only been here 7th of the 10 years really, but nevertheless it's been a long time. I still remember when the url was moe.imouto.org.

It's hard to say if any image is something that particularly hold remarkable. I'd say though that pool #456 caught my attention way back. I love frilly things and such, so Tinkle became a big favorite for a long time. Too bad things aren't as peachy now for them :(

This site and pixiv were essentially a big source of entertainment back then and now. I do tend to or at least try to get the works/illustrators that I want to support. Since like games, sometimes digital copies don't do it for the collector needs.

And one thing I'd like to note is the site was a very much needed distraction when I was going through a big depression phase during high school. Helped me a lot back then and even though I'm not absurdly active (as in going through pages and pages) like back then, but it still holds a place in my heart.
Happy 10th birthday Moe Imouto / Oreno / Yande.re. Thank you blooregardo. I didn't know this.

I believe I first found this place when I was searching for more art on certain characters of the Da Capo series.

I don't know if this place had another name before Moe Imouto or if there was another Admin before the d man, but I was here through the website's name changes to change in leadership from "the d man" to our current leader, Checkmate.

This place has become my most daily place to visit for images that I forget to visit other sites I mainly went to before.

This place, and its certain users, also introduced me to many series I didn't think to try / watch.

I want to thank the Admins and Mods in trying their best to make this place as clean as possible with its limited members.
I hope this place can stay clean and alive for as long as it can.
Happy 10th birthday for yande.re, I think I found this place when searching for drawing tutorial, when this place still oreno-imouto, I have alot user name but only this one still survive lel.

Well, thanks for everyone who make this place still available, I wish the best for yande.re, admin, mod and every member, happy Birthday!!
Every time I come back I remember that this site somehow changed my life, for bad and for good. Moe.Imouto helped me to improve my drawing skills thanks to these absurd res, high quality images; and because I had all these images inside many folders, I felt the need to have my own local Oreno.Imouto, which introduced me to programming, which finally became my profession.

Yande.re also brings back memories of that special admin that vanished like the mist. I also remember midzki, Radioactive, and of course admin2. blooregardo, I always liked your name. I always wondered what you guys looked like in real life.

Happy 10th birthday! God bless!
Happy 10th birthday! And thanks all of you supporting the site!!
Time flies.
Happy 10th anniversary :3
Seriously, it has been 10 years? Really seems like yesterday when I stumbled across the site links in 4chan /hr/

Which reminds me I'm still owed 10 years of overtime :)
Happy 10th birthday Yande !! Hope to see More.
I don't know how I got here but it's pretty cool this site has been up for 10 years. Here's to the next 10, I guess :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

I, too,remember when it was moe.imouto and am especially glad to have found this site, due to there being only high resolution( and high quality) artwork. I very much appreciate your contribution and the dedication you have put into keeping this board alive. Thank you!
С праздником, продолжайте в том же духе <3
Happy bday indeed... Though I kind left this place for tumblr many years ago.
Feito said:
Happy bday indeed... Though I kind left this place for tumblr many years ago.
Happy bday

NAWWWW

dis site owns tumblr any dayyyyyyyyy~~

I luv yande.re

Although i kinda miss the kirino mascot as well as the moe.imouto username >.>
miss dat name soooo much
Happy 10th Birthday.

It's funny, i've been lurking around here for nearly 7 years.
Happy 10th Anniversary!!

I ♥ moe imouto
That weekend's twitter special, by the twitter moments feature:
https://twitter.com/i/moments/784880189335633924
DarkRoseofHell said:

And one thing I'd like to note is the site was a very much needed distraction when I was going through a big depression phase during high school. Helped me a lot back then and even though I'm not absurdly active (as in going through pages and pages) like back then, but it still holds a place in my heart.
Yeah, high school / college those were the days man. I used to come here very often. Kinda feels nostalgic when I think about it now. But nevertheless great site, great site. Thanks all.
As a Chinese,I'll say:
生日快乐!
(It means''happy birthday'')
i missed this thread... but... unnecessary to say...
i feel rly blessed for having known this site and everyone here.
it was a landmark on my life (no kidding) and thanks to it my understanding of manga art improved greatly. and contemporary art in general too. together with pixiv, tumblr, twitter and other sites, i slowly but surely discovered i was in the wrong field, and art was rly my passion, and what i wanted to dedicate my life to.
i met my best friend here. i even spent some weeks @ his house when i quarreled with my family. he really is my best friend ever. cant explain in one sentence how good he is to me and how much i absolutely adore this dork. he puts up with all my shit no matter what and always gives his best on helping me its unbelievable, hes patient and understanding, hes an idiot just like me so we laugh a lot and say shit, i couldnt ask for a better friend... really, what a nice person, simply otherworldly, hands down.
i learned a lot of stuff. i met very nice people (and some others not that nice, but still, i think i grew up thanks to all the different experiences i had here)
to this day yande.re is a point of orientation to me. a reference.
ive started scanning and fixing some stuff but i am so weakhearted by now i havent finished anything properly.
but i didnt lose hope. im just overwhelmed with entrance exams and parental pressure and shit. i will eventually contribute too, even if just a little. i know there are things i can do.
i apologize if i pissed/piss u off. feel free to talk to me anytime about it. i might have a roundabout attitude sometimes but ultimately i dont rly want to hurt anyone, i always seek to help.

well, tl dr thank you very much everyone. i literally cannot imagine my life hadnt i came across this site.