Close
Trap vs gender swap / gender bender
So, I want to bring to attention something that just doesn't sit right for this tag usage.

I know for the most part, characters that are officially male or female but are drawn in such a way that they look the opposite genders (without any noticeable key features of said opposite) are considered traps.

However, there are some questionable uses in some cases, a prime example located here: https://yande.re/post/show/334577

In this case, the normally male character has yet again been drawn as a female. However, in this circumstance, I believe the is reasonable evidence that this character for once IS female. "Why" you ask? Look at the shorts. Those are pretty much the same as spandex shorts, & this would lead to a noticeable bulge in the characters nether region, yet lacks said bulge.

I would figure that this would lead the character being gender swapped rather than a trap at this point, so I would appreciate a general consensus on this.
K@tsu said:
So far i remember hacka doll no 3 is officially trap, since i watched the anime
Did you read through the full post?

Here are the main points for you:

1. This character is officially male.
2. The artist of the example has drawn the character anatomically female.
3. If this character was drawn anatomically male, there would a bulge in those spandex-type shorts the character is wearing. The drawing completely lacks said bulge.
4. The question is: should this drawing instead be labeled as a gender swap/gender bender, or remain labeled as a trap.

Don't start start your response (or use it as a reason) with "this character is officially male" as this is not the point of this pose, in fact, it is in spite of the fact the character is officially male or female, as I am questioning whether it should stay labeled as "trap" or be relabeled as gender swap/gender bender since there is enough "visual evidence" that points to the character being the opposite gender entirely, rather than a crossdress of the character.
It's probably gender swap. Historically, it's not uncommon for some [trap] to be converted into [not one].