Close
Recently used deletion reason that annoys me
For a start this isn't about my posts. But it is about a difference in the post index I noticed between yesterday and today.

I have the bad habit of checking the recent deletions when something like that happens. Sure enough, I see a block of posts by HentaiGallery (recent deletions) having been removed for the following reason

off-topic: this site is not the best place to mass post western style art.
I haven't seen that reason being used in a while... if ever, but it probably has been used in the past. I certainly can't search that part easily to find out. A quick glance at the last 2500 recent deletions as visible to normal users at the moment of posting shows only those having been deleted for that reason. It might be there somewhere, I got bored after 100 pages of 25. Just haven't seen it very often as a reason.

My problem with that is that it seems to hinge on the mass uploading since other artists with, to my layman eyes, similar styles are left largely untouched (examples: sakimichan & jonathan_hamilton) with the exception of big watermarks or its resolution. Both of which are well established reasons for deletion.

It looks like about 30 uploads in a short space of time, which does break the 20 post per day released rule. Which normally gets a warning surely. Other uploads by the user don't break this rule, so unless there's multiple accounts at work (or double deletions removing it from sight?) surely it's a first offense... worthy of a warning.

It made me wonder what was going on here. I'm well aware moderators are only human and so on. And wanting to prune the index list with a million different deletion reasons is more effort than it's worth. Maybe there are other legitimate reasons for deletion here. But the reason to delete for mass upload of western art with the current artists that are being kept on the board just didn't quite add up in my head.
Well, I'm all for purging all sakimichan's artworks. I think "no western style" is an unspoken rule here from the beginning and it's actually respected/observed. Posts have been deleted because of that all the time, including sakimichan deleted:true.

That said, there is no strict rule for that (and it's not really possible to enforce: how do you define what is "Western"?), so some occasional good ones are probably OK. Spamming them on the other hand is still not. In addition, those I deleted are not only "Western" but also pretty poorly done.
I can confirm what fireattack said is true.

I'd not call them western art, but not Japanese Anime Art. This site is specialized in scans of such material, not other's style.