Close
Amazon Japan no longer shipping Artbooks/Figures outside of Japan
when i went to Amazon Japan to order artbooks I got this message on the order page "Sorry, this item can't be shipped to your selected address" and they also didn't have the "This item can be delivered to the United States." message that you see on the product page. The only things that I can order are the anime magazines, which is the only other thing i buy from them. I'm also unable to buy anime figures. Does anyone know why they did this or had this issue happen to them recently
It has been like this for at least 2 weeks.

Below is my exchange with their support before:

---------------

09:29 AM JST Uchino K.(Amazon): Hello and thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.jp.
This is Uchino from Amazon Japan's Customer Service and I will be happy to assist you.

09:29 AM JST [fireattack]: Hi
09:29 AM JST Uchino K.: I understand that you are not able to place an international order for books
09:30 AM JST Uchino K.: I'm sorry for the trouble with placing an order here with us on Amazon.co.jp.

Our site is currently reviewing our international shipping standards of items in the book category.
As the result of this, the shipping attribute of the items was changed to “Items ineligible for international shipping”.
09:30 AM JST [fireattack]: Ok.
is it going to change in the future?
09:31 AM JST Uchino K.: Unless we can confirm the evidence the item have no problem to ship internationally, we are not able to certify the item as items eligible for international shipping.

09:31 AM JST [fireattack]: it seems I can't place order for virtually anything currently
09:32 AM JST [fireattack]: not just one or two
09:32 AM JST Uchino K.: This is happening to all the books
09:32 AM JST [fireattack]: I assume after your reviewing process, at least some of the items will be back to normal?
09:33 AM JST Uchino K.: Yes it will
09:33 AM JST [fireattack]: Good to hear. That's all I need to know for now
09:33 AM JST Uchino K.: Great!
Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

09:33 AM JST [fireattack]: That's it. Thanks for your help
09:34 AM JST Uchino K.: Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.jp. We look forward to seeing you again soon. To close this chat window, please click the "end chat" link.

------------

As you can see, they said it's temporary, but I don't know how true it is :/

It's really a shame anyway, as they're hands down the best option to purchase artbooks in term of shipping speed and cost.

I wish it's just a cost thing, and I'm glad to pay a little more in shipping to have it back.
Thanks for the info. I hope they make them available again soon and don't become like the other Artbooks they won't ship that are listed as "adult"
Artbooks are now available to order again
Damn, I just ordered something from CDJapan lol
how does CDJapan compare to Amazon?
I think the shipping speed is comparable (after all they're both using DHL express), but the shipping cost is a little bit higher (I bought only 3 books + 1 cd, the total cost is 16 USD higher than Amazon).