Close
Radioactive. Hear me out. We are more alike than you think.

I know your standard formula is to run away when you feel exposed. But I also know that you read the responses anyway, despite declaring that you no longer care. Your facade of apathy fools no one. The truth is you are very passionate about this place, which is why you took my comment so personally.

You probably don't remember me (my username isn't much different), but I was here during the golden era of moe.imouto. Truth be told I didn't remember you until I looked back at the comments on my old account. Back then this website was lively, fun, and served a purpose as high-resolution images of illustrations were harder to come by. Everyone contributed and enjoyed the fact that this place was held to a higher standard than Danbooru.

I was banned back then for my shitty attitude. I admit that I was more abrasive than was necessary because I liked stirring things up. I was an entitled brat and quite frankly deserved it. However, I was banned for the same attitude that you currently show on a regular basis. petopeto, I'm sure you recall that name? He banned me because he saw that my negativity was toxic and he didn't want that kind of environment on this 'booru. Your posts back then weren't exactly chipper, but you were certainly not the bitter, miserable plague that infects yande.re today.

You know full well that this site is now an empty shell of its former self, and still you dedicate your time and energy to maintaining it after all of these years. I understand the nostalgia, as I am a very nostalgic person myself. In fact that is the only reason I keep coming back. But at some point you have to look through your comment history and realize how you've changed. You've let your frustration fester and turn you into nothing more than a bully.

I know you're reading this. And I fully expect you to make every effort to pretend that you haven't. But I can only hope that it makes you consider just for a second that maybe you shouldn't be so quick to ignore the feedback that is regularly being given to you. By all means, continue dusting off yande.re if that's comforting to you. But a little less hyprocisy and bias would do the website a hell of a lot more good than pseudo-moderating.