Close
unable to download large png file from pool
Hi there
so I'm trying to download png file from pool.
I found out that if the file is larger the 300MB, it will start to end the download before the file finished (so when you open the downloaded zip file, it says 'unexpected end of archive'). If I'm lucky it can be fixed by download the file 1 at a time but If the file is larger then 1GB it's pretty much undownloadable (file will always currupt).

I ask friend to try and they have same problem, so this is probably not my problem. Wonder if someone could please take look at this?

some example of large png pool file:
https://yande.re/pool/show/4378
https://yande.re/pool/show/97563

hope my post is understandable.

Many thanks.
Try some other time, as bandwidth is limited, for example try downloading early morning, when there are less users around. When downloading small pools, you can down files one by one, search them on other boorus or find them at e-hentai dot org.
Thanks for reply

Well I tried to dl except midnight (12 am to 7 am), things doesn't seems to get better. And many of the pool pngs are not on e-hen....

ps. I just encounter a pool with 9gb. I don't know how I can dl it.
What are you trying to download? I want to check it myself. In any case dowload files one by one manually or try searching image filenames on torrents, maybe somebody seeds them. Also check this forum #31550 thread.
try this
https://yande.re/pool/show/4378

this png file is 2.5GB
if you dont see download link: from top left side of this page click 'My Account' > Settings > check 'Advance Editing' at very bottom
then go back and reload the page

>>forum #31550
I can get 1MB/s in total, with max of 10 file dl at a time
Of course it would be that pool, and don't forget that some images has fixed versions. Those pngs are massive! There is jpeg version torrent of that pool, and if you want lossless ones, which doesn't mean much better quality, I advise you to stick with jpegs. Or just download them one by one, and then set up a torrent yourself and seed to people, so they won't stress the server. I usually don't bother with files bigger than 15-20MB.
FYI yande.re does not use CDNs to send you images, unlike other boorus, so I beg you to be considerate with your requests. Deploying cdn for boosting and caching will mean end of your privacy, and generally a terrible idea for freedom on the internet. Check out news about cloudflare destroying comminities and supporting radicalizaton of society.
During my dl progress I found that a lot of pool's jpg version has been update (file size is different then my old collection) so it makes me perfer png version better.

I do not know what CDN is...is it something cause dl to stop at end of file?
I tried to download pool #4378 and pool #97563, I don't see any problem.
I can get 100MB/s, 250MB/s on single file.
There is no warning or anything if the file is broken. You have to open the file after dl to know if it's broken or not. Well since you can go so fast I guess the file is good but how can you get so fast?
I've extracted and the file is fine, nothing broken.
Pool with large size may take a few minutes to process, that's explain why the file is broken when you download it for the first time.
I'm using DigitalOcean.