Close
Mandarake
I'm going to place my first order with them today.

Can anyone recommend anything else to watch out for on the site? I'm interested in good artwork rather then H-material.

Anything worth waiting for as well?
That's pretty hard to say..as everyone has his/her favourite artists..you'd prolly get 50 different answers :p
I've got some cash to spend at the moment, so any recommendations would be nice.

Going to have a look on HLJ as well.
I'd reccomend this..there are very few scans on moe..but i take the entire book is pretty awesome if you like kyourin's style.

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/ja/item_s-178286.html
I clicked past that when looking at the artbooks. Not my thing really.

I'm going for pool #439 and an Vampire Princess Miyu artbook to begin with.
I'm bidding on some gengas atm but syaoran-kun what's this Big Web Auction in july? It costs 550Y just to enter so must be something...
That's called "thanks for your money".
blooregardo said:
I'm bidding on some gengas atm but syaoran-kun what's this Big Web Auction in july? It costs 550Y just to enter so must be something...
Never heard of it before..strange. I'm tempted to think it's bullshit, but i can't say much as i haven't bid on anything lately.
Radioactive said:
I clicked past that when looking at the artbooks. Not my thing really.

I'm going for pool #439 and an Vampire Princess Miyu artbook to begin with.
I'm out of luck for the Vampire Princess Miyu artbook so I'm still looking.
I dunno... when selecting books/doujin it's like clothings.

*Sayo's Kyourin Works is good but it doesn't really come in the typical illustration book style as large single page illustrations that covers the entire page. It's more like 1-3 illustrations per page.

I can list circles and artist i've purchased already ^^. That might give u a head start.

I'd recommend Moto4% Illustration book if you don't have it.
- http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-82459.html
*Same price as Amazon.jp (about >.< . s/h probably cheaper at mandarake)

Mitsumi Misato / Cut a Dash!
Tatsuki Amaduyu / Blazer One
Miki Miyashita / Kyogetsutei
Carnelian
Suzuri / KeroQkei
Motoyone / Tennenseki
(couldn't find Sca-Ji's works, since motoyone, suzuri and sca-ji's stuff are all in the KeroQkei circle)
Akane Ikegami / AMR
Mutsumi Sasaki / Nekoyashiki

That's all I can think of right now :)
Thanks for those aoie. Trouble is nothing really leaps out as a 'must buy' at the moment.

I'll keep an eye on their new stock and see what turns up.
I've purchased from mandarake twice, and each time. My order is usually above 200$ each >.<

My order this time is 200$ too, lol ^^ Picking a few stuff out.
Apparently the Japanese mandarake has a separate catalog from the others. You can use the catalog number from the global one to search against the Japanese database, but it doesn't always work vice versa.

I have been using mandarake for two years and was pretty satisfied. The items used to be overpriced, but they lowered the price recently.

I got this one last time. It only has 11 pages, but I like his art.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-123561.html
I decided to go for:

Mini Skirt Chainsaw (Circle : あさひあげ /
Gotoh Keiji [kinetic girls]
Kaneko Kazuma Graphics / Digital Devil Apocalypse
[Artbook] Yamada Akihiro
[Artbook] Minakami Kaori [a jewel box]
[Artbook] Chouniku (Yamamoto Keiji) [shingetsu]
aoie_emesai said:
I've purchased from mandarake twice, and each time. My order is usually above 200$ each >.<

My order this time is 200$ too, lol ^^ Picking a few stuff out.
Wait till you hit over 800 every few months....
I'm probably at around 400 every 2-3 months :)

Though i'm really running out of stuff to buy...

I've bought almost every Mitsumi Misato and Akane Ikegami doujin there >.<

Yahoo Japan Auction, here I come ^^

I want that new one from C1 u bought earlier too, admin2.
I have all those except for 'A Jewel Box.' I didn't end up liking the Yamada Akihiro Illustrations I had (there are several so you might have a different one). The art work looked like stuff from an old Reader's Digest magazine.
Ordered on the 22nd and turned up 4 days later. I'm pretty impressed with them!
Peto has a bad experience with them >.<

For me, i've always had a pretty good experience of shopping with them. My comments are answered pretty quickly, from 1-4 hours and quite helpful too.

Making another order in a few days, 16000 yen total w/o s/h ^^
I havn't ordered from them, but I sent a mail twice and never got a reply, which pretty much scared me away from buying anything from them.
My items was just shipped, 29 items ^^

Total was around 18000 yen. Maybe the doujins will have some good color doujins to scan. Till then, Toodles :)

This time I chose random artist with good illustrations on the cover.

The one that i'm most anticipating is a artist by the name of "Hidari" who's circle is Left Side. Can't wait for it to come ^^. Probably Monday.

Though this artist's doujins are pretty old, at around 2001-2002, the style is still quite attractive

ex - http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-22611.html
DB - http://doujinshi.mugimugi.org/index.php?P=LIST&T=author&ID=1357&S=1&AGREE=YES
Stupid ass USPS... There goes my 3-4 day promise when I noticed my post was here and no mandarake >.<
Yay! my package is here! It took the expected time to get here but there was problems with the payment and adress, otherwise, it should be here a week ago >.>
Ya my got here at 3:30pm for me :)

I have a bit more confidence in USPS again ^^
Just bringing this topic back up from the depths of the forum.

Looking at getting some artbooks from Yamamoto Takato from them. Are they still worth using?
I don't remember ordering artbooks (nor from outside Japan) from them but they still send stuff fine, yes.
Thanks. I was able to find a limited edition boxset from somewhere else, but good to know they are trustworthy.