Close
syaoran-kun said:
So leave the fap tags, remove the rest?
ha bloody ha
syaoran-kun said:
So leave the fap tags, remove the rest?
You got it.
And this the whole reason why I find this place just a tad different to what it was before. Perhaps it's time to start an imageboard myself for people who actually respect the art(ists).
Feito said:
And this the whole reason why I find this place just a tad different to what it was before. Perhaps it's time to start an imageboard myself for people who actually respect the art(ists).
Different in what way?
Radioactive said:
Different in what way?
I take it Feito means less conflict and more respect of art. The reason I know this is because this almost exact event has happened at every single website I've ever joined/been a member of.

I'm not pointing fingers at absolutely anyone, but this LOLTAGS drama needs to end. Now.
Saenz said:
...I take it Feito means less conflict and more respect of art. The reason I know this is because this almost exact event has happened at every single website I've ever joined/been a member of...
And what conclusion do you expect us to get when you state that?
I regret to inform you that I do not share your affinity for soap-opera drama.
Saenz said:
I regret to inform you that I do not share your affinity for soap-opera drama.
'negativity, the sarcasm, and the incessant snarking' - You need to add trolling to it. Just stop it.
Radioactive said:
'negativity, the sarcasm, and the incessant snarking' - You need to add trolling to it. Just stop it.
Fair enough. Just know that with the kind of reaction I got, I wouldn't dream of doing something like this on purpose.

This will be my last post in this thread.
Feito said:
Why are <i>you</i> trolling? Stop.
Dammit guys, drop it. We got it, Saenz, Sarcasm. But from now on, just if you haven't noticed, this thread is where we wrap up most of the tag deletion via IRC too but more useful comments in the future ^^
Haha. No. tagme is staying, along with many other tags. I, and others, haven't actually deleted that many suggested in this thread so far. And no, I didn't suggest removing thighhighs earlier. Thighhighs is obviously staying; it's stockings that I'm considering doing something with.
If I were more aggressive about this, I'd assume that the lack of dissent about me merging stockings into thighhighs meant that people were fine with it. But since there were neither nays nor yeas, I'm opening it up again.
Unless someone wants to make a more concrete definition between stockings and thighhighs that we can all abide by, then go through the thighhighs tag and separate the stockings out, I want to make an alias from stockings to thighhighs. garter_belt will be the same as it is now.

Hmm...so what's your list, aoie?

tl;dr version:
Happening in the near future
*mimi/*ears -> animal_ears
-catgirl
stockings -> thighhighs
nipple_slip -> nipples? (I'm not sure about it)
You're gonna have to give me a few to collect the info on that. I'll be sure to get to you about tags I think are not crucial to moe.
Stockings and garter_belt are confusing to me. I've been using the stockings tag for all images where the garter belt is not visible, such as post #85811 and garter_belt where it is, such as post #81258, but this seems overly tedious to me. Danbooru only uses garter_belt since stockings cannot be held up without one (although I'm not sure whether this is always true), so tagging them with both would be redundant. This makes sense to me, so I think getting rid of stockings in favor of garter_belt is a good idea. It's basically the same thing and serves the same purpose.

I don't think getting rid of nekomimi is a good idea, but I do think it would be smart to implicate it to animal_ears like Danbooru does. Cat ears are easily the most popular *_ears tag so I'm sure it's a useful tag. I've been using catgirl to refer to girls dressed in complete cat-attire (like a Halloween costume), such as post #85967, although there don't appear to be too many of those in the catgirl gallery. Similar to bunny_girl (girls dressed in complete bunny girl outfits) and just having bunny ears. I'm not sure whether catgirl is a useful tag or not, but I'm positive nekomimi is.

Not sure about nipple_slip since there are a lot of pictures tagged with nipple_slip which only show part of the areola, not the full the nipple (post #67042). I don't know whether it's a useful tag though. I'm personally not always sure whether something garners nipple_slip or just regular nipples, so I just wind up using the latter.
nipples, cleavage, breasts, pussy, penis, ass, ...
if let me allow to list up needless tags, I'll list those body parts tags. I sometimes use costume tags for identify images not knowing the artists, but I don't know the reason of keeping body parts tags.
(but anyhow, keeping or deleting aren't problem for me. it's out of my field, and I barely care of them)
midzki said:
nipples, cleavage, breasts, pussy, penis, ass, ...
if let me allow to list up needless tags, I'll list those body parts tags. I sometimes use costume tags for identify images not knowing the artists, but I don't know the reason of keeping body parts tags.
(but anyhow, keeping or deleting aren't problem for me. it's out of my field, and I barely care of them)
I agree on getting rid of body parts tag..useless.
but faping mob will rage
Each image is mostly fap material, I think they can survive :)

Here are some I think probably can be removed: (sexual acts, sometimes)

• Fingering
  • Cunnilingus
spoiler
midzki said:
spoiler
spoiler
I was wondering...when you guys / girls DO actually get around to deleting, do you ever think that someone else may recreate that deleted tag?...or is there some system Moe has that actually makes certain words [letters to make that word] for tags stay deleted and can never be recreated? May seem cruel that someone goes against your work. Just curious.
intelligence of human who tagged them which has 0 count will delete them
1. I stalk the history. Almost obsessively.
2. Some of the tags that had a higher count are aliased to deletethistag, which I mass edit out at the end of the week.
Well I'm glad a plan has been setup for such an event.
Make the sword tag go away.
I die a little inside every time I see it, mostly because it's even stated in the tagging guidelines to not tag like that... with that specific example. There's 500+ posts with it by now, a whole lot of good those guidelines are doing lol.
Here's some more that probably should be gone.

• gymnast
  • leotard
  • skintight
  • megami creators
  • demon eyes
Before remove megami_creators tag we maybe should put these posts into some pool.
aoie_emesai said:
  • demon eyes
Nearly finished.
Radioactive said:
Nearly finished.
Looks like VorpalNeko has already done it.
Smore ^^

• thong - I think we should just merge this with pantsu/panty