Close
Minitokyo rip
Saw this post on 4chan before so just thought I should share it, always hate closed sites who scream for cash before you can even do anything, like that one in question or animepapers.

In any event: http://mt.spicy-wolf.net/Site/index.html
And here I was thinking minitokyo died, thanks for the link!

Well, I'm using this server to download the torrents..
I'm downloading the scans torrent. 58.6Gb!

LOL. More seeders please.
Very nice find, think I'm gonna help my self to that scans torrent.. Now comes the task of finding a hard drive with enough free space on it to store all of these.

µTorrent took about 2 min. to process the .torrent file >_>;
The big question is what to do with all the scans >_>;

I think mass importing them to moe.imouto would be a bad idea.
sort trough them, Upload good stuff :P Like POP *grin*

Well I'l grab the torrent myself someday, when I have HD's to stop die on me.
admin2 said:
The big question is what to do with all the scans >_>;

I think mass importing them to moe.imouto would be a bad idea.
You know what admin2? I saw a site rip for moe.imouto.org, 18.6 GB last night >.<
aoie_emesai said:
You know what admin2? I saw a site rip for moe.imouto.org, 18.6 GB last night >.<
ORLY ?!?

Guess what, theres a ero.imouto.org one, too !!!!

aoie_emesai said:
I allow site rips as long as the ripper isn't abusive on getting the images, I'm working on a better solution on getting things mirrored to people who LOVE to save everything.
admin2 said: I think mass importing them to moe.imouto would be a bad idea.
Agreed, especially since a lot of them will probably be duplicates or in need of fixing and what have you. Definitely best to just upload some choice bits. Anyone who wants it ALL is free to just get the torrent themselves, rather than leech it all from moe, which would be wasteful for all parties.
MDGeist said:
ORLY ?!?

Guess what, theres a ero.imouto.org one, too !!!!

Being a smart ass about it sure doesn't help.
admin2 said:
I allow site rips as long as the ripper isn't abusive on getting the images, I'm working on a better solution on getting things mirrored to people who LOVE to save everything.
At least the torrents of them will save you some bandwidth ^^
aoie_emesai said:
Being a smart ass about it sure doesn't help.
I was the one repeatedly asking for one. See "old" forum.

Not sure if I should release another one anytime. Probably have to rethink complete structure -again- ...
The structure's the same..
/data/md5(1st 2)/md5(2nd 2)/full_md5.jpg

The only thing different is how the webserver serves them to the public.
Downloading the torrent too, but almost 60gb is very huge. Comcast is gonna be calling me this month, lol ^_^
admin2 said:
The structure's the same..
/data/md5(1st 2)/md5(2nd 2)/full_md5.jpg

The only thing different is how the webserver serves them to the public.
True but right now it's download is impossible preserving that structure without any major programing for processing the files. So better we wait until we get that rsync thing working
It's really lame that MT limited images to <2mb. I don't understand why, especially when the site focuses on fairly good quality stuff anyway.
Shuugo said:
True but right now it's download is impossible preserving that structure without any major programing for processing the files. So better we wait until we get that rsync thing working
Yeah I'll get to it after the mt stuff finishes transfering.
Send me a PM if you're interested in sorting though all the MT stuff. I have some already up on the webserver. There are a few rules to follow which I'll lay them out in the PM. Thanks.
admin2 said:
Send me a PM if you're interested in sorting though all the MT stuff. I have some already up on the webserver. There are a few rules to follow which I'll lay them out in the PM. Thanks.
Damn. How much of the torrent have you got? I'm currently at 2%...
Radioactive said:
I'm at 19.2%! ^_^ 11.4GB downloaded so far.
--

Now that I think about admin2, I use to use the BBS, where is it now? I can't really locate it too, along with the PMs and suches.
Radioactive said:
Uhh, Not going to say just a large amount

aoie_emesai said:
I'm at 19.2%! ^_^ 11.4GB downloaded so far.
--

Now that I think about admin2, I use to use the BBS, where is it now? I can't really locate it too, along with the PMs and suches.
Click on a user's name and click send mail
admin2 said:
Click on a user's name and click send mail
Ah ha, ok I got it now ^^. Thanks.
100% complete now. Looking at merging the images in a few days if dupe detector is up and running.
So you're gonna be filling moeimouto with 50gb of images >.<

This is gonna take a long long time for us to tag them all, lol ^^

Now that I think about it, i've been downloading it really slow, about 40kbps.
Nah I'll be reasonable, will have to think of a idea not to flood it
admin2 said:
Nah I'll be reasonable, will have to think of a idea not to flood it
I would have preferred it if you hand pick the best images. There are a mind-numbing amount of bad scans on MT.

Other option is to sub-domain them.

I'm up to 3% at the moment. Needs more seeds.
Radioactive said:
I would have preferred it if you hand pick the best images. There are a mind-numbing amount of bad scans on MT.

Other option is to sub-domain them.

I'm up to 3% at the moment. Needs more seeds.
70.000 images by hand? humm I think that would take a lot of time, more than uploading X a day and flagging for deletion bad images
hmmm, a new moe torrent before the import would be good idea wouldnt it ?
What are you going to use to detect dupes?
70.000 images by hand?
I volunteer MDGeist to do it. LOL.

What about sorting them out in a sub domain? I would hate to see loads of images needing approval hitting the main post area. We should have a dedicated area to approve/delete MT scans.

Perhaps even restrict access to it until all the rubbish has been deleted?