Close
Trying Skullgirls.

Weird as heck, but interesting. I need my arcade stick to play it properly, though.
I don't suppose anyone else is getting Sonic 4 Episode II?
Anyone plays Spacechem? I'm on the 6th planet and the time required for each puzzle is growing exponentially that I highly doubt whether I'll ever finish the game.
I finished my first playthrough of Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2.

Went for the bad end. ;_;
PS4 totally DESTROYED the XBox One.

Discuss
kyoushiro said:

Discuss
PS4 officially supports game trade.
-Sony just got first blood.

PS4 doesn't require online authenticating every 24hrs.
-Sony scored a double kill.

PS4 now featuring downward compatibility for all old PS games.
-Sony finished a triple kill.

PS4 has all the old franchise, and now with the even mighty DIABLO III.
-Sony is on a killin' spree.

They only ask for $399.
-R.I.P. XBox.
kyoushiro said:

Discuss
It's amusing on the forum I go to, the E3 thread exploded when they announced it was $399. Basically gist of it is, "Xbox, you're done" "Xdone" input various comments saying Xbone losing the console war before it began.

Obligatory repost: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
I thought this thread was done.

Well anyway Sony sounds good.

23yAyuMe said:
PS4 has all the old franchise.........
Does that include old arcade series like for example R-Type and Gradius?
kyoushiro said:

Discuss
They deserved the kicking they got. Why would anyone pay $500 for a set-top box?
well, is it too late to buy a PS3 now?
So recently(well, 9 months ago) my friend gave me his old PS3 and I guess I'm gonna start playing some JRPGs, starting with Hyperdimension Neptunia. I think the PS3 can still go for a few more years since, like the PS2, there were so many games released for it that it has great replay value. I know even after the PS4 comes out(which I'm stoked for) there are probably going to be a plethora of games I'd still play. Might even get some visual novels.
Madao said:
well, is it too late to buy a PS3 now?
Sony was originally pretty adamant about a 10 year life-cycle for the PS3, so it will likely still be supported, sold, and have new game releases through at least 2016.
kyoushiro said:

Discuss
I'm just bummed that I'll have to pay to play online now, since PS+ is supposedly required for multiplayer. Not surprised really, I'm just being cheap...
AZD-A9S said:
Does that include old arcade series like for example R-Type and Gradius?
I'm not sure if they gonna release new serious, but with downward compatibility you can at least play them with a new machine.
Sinister_Slim said:
I'm just bummed that I'll have to pay to play online now, since PS+ is supposedly required for multiplayer. Not surprised really, I'm just being cheap...
Ya... but... you get "free" games and cloudsaves too.
http://t.co/6gl7b5wFVC

visual novel by spice and wolf author, its in English, you should buy it.
sirskyrider said:
Ya... but... you get "free" games and cloudsaves too.
The cloud? But then the NSA will know how many hours I've dropped into Disgaea or that I suck at Street Fighter.

But I worry about the quality of free games they'll put out in the future. I feel like they put that feature out there to lure people into PS+, and the offering will dwindle to more casual/simple games as the service becomes more mainstream. Plus I usually play niche games and I don't think those appear as often.
i practically laughed on how sony shares their games...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYUGtI6guY

the only sad part is... final fantasy versus 13... is now final fantasy 15 on the ps4...

and i for one don't buy consoles on their release dates... i usually skip a generation of consoles... since i have a ps3... it's less likely i'll get myself a ps4... sad to say...

and i am really looking forward to versus 13 eversince... a sad day for me...

another concern is that i might be too old by the time PS5 has a stable version...

which leads to the thought that i'll quit gaming on PS3 generation...

then again... if ps4 does have a backwards compatibility... it will be good for archiving my old ps games... as well as the successor to my PS3... right now... i am loving it more than my PC...
Pretty clear to me that PS4 won't have backwards compatibility because they have different computing architectures. I thought sony is addressing the backwards compatibility problem with cloud gaming. As long as a US version PS4 can play Japanese games, I will be getting one.
ugh... i'm back to my original dilemma...
castle said:
Pretty clear to me that PS4 won't have backwards compatibility because they have different computing architectures. I thought sony is addressing the backwards compatibility problem with cloud gaming. As long as a US version PS4 can play Japanese games, I will be getting one.
It's region free, so you can.
http://t.co/j2oYszbIwW a better link instead of using dlsite for worlds end.