Close
Why I would be a good moderator
Now I got your attention..

I'm looking for 2 more moderators, since some other mods are quite busy with real life and I am in the middle of a big change....more details on that some other time.

First to be even considered being a moderator, you must be on the irc channel (exceptions are allowed, please give me a good reason). Most site decisions are decided there and I like to hear other people's opinions.

Now that is out of the way, people who are interested please reply with reasons why you would be helpful in maintaining moe.imouto and the hours you spend on the site so I can figure out a time schedule of who's active or not...
I would be a good moderator because...
Nevermind.

--------
In all seriousness though, you should be aware of general site policies and how to use features. There's no "mod's guide" so you kind of have to figure out your own niche.
S-sorry admin2.
I need MORE experience before I want to become one.

I may love becoming one to help this site but I'm not worthy.
I haven't done much to this site other than constantly being here. All I've done so far is adding / editing tags. That isn't much. Anyone can do that.

I haven't even been on IRC even though I been told how to get there. Guess you can call it fear.

Hopefully someone can get the jobs to help you maintain the site the right way.
Help: IRC said:
Moe's IRC channel is located at irc.rizon.net/moe-imouto
Well Haruhi...since I have Firefox 3.5, it supports IRC through Mibbit...although you can get Chatzilla...assuming you have Firefox or SeaMonkey. Opera has a built-in IRC Client.

I believe there is a thread about the Clients here on Moe...although not sure what Thread I was on when we were talking about it.

So...you can go here to know a little about starting with IRC:
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Started-with-IRC-%28Internet-Relay-Chat%29

Anyway have the client and go to what gohanrice said:
irc.rizon.net/moe-imouto

For me (First try with Mibbit) it was:
https://www.mibbit.com/chat/?url=irc%3A%2F%2Firc.rizon.net%2Fmoe-imouto

Um...I don't know if any of this will help you. I have got on there and instantly recognized some Mods there but I've YET to start fully using it. Fear like I said. I'll get over it.....eventually.

Okay...let me stop. I'm ruining admin2's thread.
I nominate midzki (assuming he wants to of course)

Edit:Never mind, congratulations midzki your a mod already.
Ok Im redoing my application

I think I would be a good moderator because after 6 months of intensely watching other mods and the like members do I have a pretty good idea of what it is mods do. Protect from trolls, clean up posts, duplication, and tags etc. I'm avaible mostly sometime from 5 to 10 pm and spend some 10 minutes At a time throughout the day checking in on the site. As for not being on irc my computer died last month and I'm getting a new one. So in meantime I do all my things on my phones browser. Though as soon as I get my computer fixed( or new one) I'll be in the irc. I'd really would like to help this site however I can.

I believe this is somewhat what you were asking for to be written on the first place admin2? Srry for first time!

Edit: Is now on IRC thanks to awesome app : ) name is HaruhiSuz evil phone cut off rest of name.
since I have got "why you ain't a mod" comments many times, I thought it's rather unnatural not to be a mod (´・ω・`)
"You called my attention." Firebat upon left-click.

I'd be a good mod because.... umm no.

But I think of fireattack... Hasn't he read this yet?
midzki said:
I thought it's rather unnatural not to be a mod (´・ω・`)
Has hell just frozen over?
Congratulations midzki!

I believe fireattack would be an excellent mod too.

I'd love to help, but I always ruin everything here while trying to help (I rarely do something great) so... I am really sorry and good luck to you all admin2 and mods! ♥
asterixvader said:
I'd be a good mod because.... umm no.
Why did you remove your application?
i could be a mod. I spend most of my time in moe, about 13h00 to 22h00 (-5GMT) About experience, it is knowledge of the site usability and tagging. I mean:
HaruhiSuzumiya said:
Protect from trolls, clean up posts, duplication, and tags etc.
well. the decision is up to you guys.
Radioactive said:
Why did you remove your application?
There is many people that can be better mods than me (orly?).
I think I would be too lazy mod to make any change
As I have it at least on this thread it remains to be me and blooregardo who have written about tryin for modhood.
asterixvader said:
There is many people that can be better mods than me (orly?).
You CAN be a mod. You really can. I think it suits you.

Eeer... Not that I will choose anything. Heh
blooregardo said:
i could be a mod. I spend most of my time in moe, about 13h00 to 22h00 (-5GMT) About experience, it is knowledge of the site usability and tagging. I mean:well. the decision is up to you guys.
sp..
I already have a few in mind that may be likely suspect for mod material. But i won't point any fingers nor state any names. If those users don't feel like it to begin with, that's fine with me too.
Except for being able to multi tag/edit out of the fly and ban at will. What other supernatural abilities do you get?
Feito said:
ban at will.
:(

Why don't ye nominate yourself for being a mod?
Feito said:
Except for being able to multi tag/edit out of the fly and ban at will. What other supernatural abilities do you get?
More than supernatural abilities, you get supernatural responsabilities.

Read comments, check uploads...

I think you don't really need to fix tags... look at Radioactive, he sometimes doesn't tag what he uploads.

I acually still want to be a mod, I never said I don't want to.
I don't think it'll do any difference anyway so count me in!
I'll see what I can do once I get home, kinda busy atm. idling is really no problem for me and i can forward messages to my email if needed etc BB in 7 hrs~
I'm cheering for you Asterixvader!

And good luck Feito!

We sure have a lot of great people willing to solve the problem. I hope that helps, admin2.
asterixvader said:
I think you don't really need to fix tags... look at Radioactive, he sometimes doesn't tag what he uploads.
I'm insulted! (It's true though)
Why I would be a good moderator...
I have plenty of time on my hands, i have experience modding on other sites, i have a fairly broad knowledge of the kinds of things that might be needed for tagging etc on this site plus i'm pretty good at handling trolls... I have the time and the willingness to do the job, plus i'm also fairly skilled at lurking in irc channels :P
Times I can be online are between 11am-4am UTC (i have a lot of free time right now)

well i browsed this site for a long time before i actually created an account, and even though i don't post much, i lurk a lot and i've gotten a (hopefully) fair idea of how things work on this site so if i'm found worthy, i hope i might be able to contribute somewhat.

(btw, just in case anyone actually cares, my IRC nick for rizon is either Watarase_Jun or kitto_kitto_kaede)
I want to be a mod too, maybe I can help VorpalNeko to do some tag work a little and some dupe distinguish / artsit alias. Have a look at my profile to know my historys.
midzki's a Mod...congrats. I and others always though you should be.

One more to assign. Who?
Hmmm Id say other would probably be fireattack. Seems pretty well versed IMO.
Feito said:
kinda busy atm
Regardless, my vote goes to Feito.
Maturity level is the #1 on my list ^^