Close
Monochrome Doujinshi
So I have quite a few monochrome doujinshi scanned, several thousand monochrome images in total. Since there's a debate right now about what should be on the site, I felt the need to ask: Are they needed?

Currently, I've been pooling doujinshi and showing only the color cover page in the index (ex: pool:1153). However, it seems that very few people notice that the cover is part of the pool, and so no one really sees the rest. If that's the case, and it just drains storage space, then maybe it's better not to have them.

So should I show them in the index but release them slow, keep doing what I'm doing, or scrap the monochromes all together?

Regardless, I'll still upload all the full color doujin/artbooks, this only relates to monochrome.
I'm very grateful since you're scanning fully the doujinshi so yes, we appreciate it. As long they're properly scanned and processed i don't see a problem, you're not posting 500x700 jpeg manga pages. Just hide them like you've done until now.
Heh, when I re-read my post it kinda looks like I'm fishing for compliments, which wasn't my intention. I was just curious what other's opinions were on monochrome scans in general, not just on my scans.
Monochrome scans with quarlity is appreciated IMO. And many leechers will choose to download the ZIPs of a pool rather than to browse them page by page on the site. So I don't think the hiden pages are unnoticed :P
Keep uploading them... Thank you very much.
Personally, I think you should post the Cover along with a few pages of the doujin in the index. This way at least you're not spamming the index and advertising some of the doujin.
aoie_emesai said:
Personally, I think you should post the Cover along with a few pages of the doujin in the index. This way at least you're not spamming the index and advertising some of the doujin.
Hmm, that's a good idea. Maybe I'll show ~5 pages to give people an idea of what it's like. Thanks for the suggestion ^_^
aoie_emesai said:
aoie gave out an idea I couldn't come up with ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

I misunderstood your megane (´・ω・`)
aoie_emesai said:
I 100% agree! But I was a bit afraid of saying so. Thanks for the suggestion Aoie!
These glasses aren't just for her amazingly pretty look now :)
What aoie said. Some monochrome art is just too lovely not to share, anyway. High quality (and high res) always wins here. =0