Close
(I don't know why but Debbie calling me glasses-kun sounds nice. Heh.)
I'm also getting more excited for Kantai Collection as well thanks to its anime (The Anime has its little problems but I'm enjoying it).

This all reminds me of how I got into Touhou long ago.
(Those games are in Japanese but there are dedicated fans translating them into English due time.)

Tell me you guys (I also better find WtfCakes for his opinion as well), for people who know very little on Japanese, should I go seek out the game of Kantai Collection?

Just so anyone knows...

Anyway, Katsu, Debbie, animefan, WtfCakes, and whoever that wants to join in, who is your favorite character of Kantai Collection?
kehehehe. im glad. i am not watching kancolle anime, is it good? i might give it a try, then. oh yes, the fans dedication is really moving, i am so glad for all of it. its beautiful.
i have no idea, really, im sorry that i cant help you on that; well, since i dont know anything about kancolle, i only have favorite characters based on appearance. and my favorite characters are seaport hime and the ne class heavy cruiser wtfcakes linked here. i dislike the design of your sides characters but i am insane for the enemys characters.
good luck with that! /cheers on azd-senpai/
AZD-A9S said:

Anyway, Katsu, Debbie, animefan, WtfCakes, and whoever that wants to join in, who is your favorite character of Kantai Collection?
about game, you better ask WtfCakes oppinion ,

hm...i don't really remember kancolle chara name...
i think my fave is shimakaze or atago
No worries Debbie.

K@tsu said:
about game, you better ask WtfCakes oppinion ,

hm...i don't really remember kancolle chara name...
i think my fave is shimakaze or atago
Understood.

Ah~ Atago!
The first time I saw her, I instantly started searching for more info. on her and more pictures. Her looks and her outfit with those pantyhose, it was an instant love/favorite for me.
Natsu, if that is a spoiler, please use the spoiler format:

Step 1: Type:
[ s p o i l e r ]

Note:
I had to add the spaces between each letter to show the example. Make sure you do not add spaces between the letters.

Step 2:
Insert your text

Step 3: Type:
[ / s p o i l e r ]

Result:
spoiler

If you want to be a little creative in changing the basic "spoiler" format use this steps:

Step 1: Type:
[ s p o i l e r =

Note: This time, instead of the basic spoiler steps above, you are adding the "=" after the "r"

Step 2:
Insert your text

Note:
This changes what the basic format. You can change the word "spoiler" to something else of your desire.

Step 3:
]

Note: The "]" comes after your first desired text.

Step 4:
Insert your text

Step 5:
[ / s p o i l e r ]

Result:
(Insert text)

I hope this makes any sense.
Here's the original examples of DText:
https://yande.re/help/dtext

Do note that you can't add paragraphs in the spoiler format. That just breaks the format and everything is shown instead. If you want to add paragraphs, add a single symbol or something that would place between paragraphs. Small example:

spoiler

See how I add the "-" between the first sentence and the second? That would be the space. That prevents the spoiler from breaking up.

EDIT:
Well thanks to episode 8 of Kantai Collection (Kancolle), I add another girl to my favorites. Atago and another girl are now my two favorites.
Haruna a goddess :3
https://twitter.com/WtFrostyCakes/status/521586889116377088

There's honestly an insane lot of girls in the game that have great personalities.
In the anime though I only like Mutsuki, everyone else's personalities seemed really dumbed down...or over the top like Ooi.
Yo Cakes. What's up?

WtfCakes said:
Haruna a goddess :3
https://twitter.com/WtFrostyCakes/status/521586889116377088

There's honestly an insane lot of girls in the game that have great personalities.
In the anime though I only like Mutsuki, everyone else's personalities seemed really dumbed down...or over the top like Ooi.
So Haruna is your goddess. Nice.
Hey. Doesn't that page in that link look familiar? Didn't you show us that before or was that for a different game? I remember you were #1 in a game before...

I don't like Ooi. She's currently be my 1st biggest dislike...though she can be funny.

There aren't many staff for the Anime right? That may be the reason why everyone is "dumbed down" / "over the top" I guess?

A few people over the internet is saying Kantai Collection is the new "Touhou" (as in popularity I believe). What do you think of that WtfCakes?
Currently Touhou, Love Live, and Kancolle are the 3 biggest fads in Japan.
at the first episode, the personalities where in deed quite laq... but I have seem some develovment on that
WtfCakes said:
Currently Touhou, Love Live, and Kancolle are the 3 biggest fads in Japan.
Love Live is one of them? Huh...

kaminoryu said:
at the first episode, the personalities where in deed quite laq... but I have seem some develovment on that
You mean Kancolle?
DarkRoseofHell said:
Yay
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35156/SS/IMG_20150311_192901_442.png
Taken with a potato phone.
wow...nice....hope someone will upoald it here...lel
oh wow... the cover looks very nice... i am kind of curious on the contents...
It's great. I didn't order two and I don't have a scanner so I can't upload anything =\.
it's ok... i'm just thinking for myself...
DarkRoseofHell said:
It's great. I didn't order two and I don't have a scanner so I can't upload anything =\.
haha no need to worry...i already know about that..

natsumenatsu said:
it's ok... i'm just thinking for myself...
there're so many yande.re member so maybe someone else will do it..huehue
i mean... i'm thinking out loud...
natsumenatsu said:
i mean... i'm thinking out loud...
there're so many yande.re member so maybe someone else will do it..huehue ..wups
"do it" here means= upload that artbook scans
KanColle girls huh?
I am not a moe person so as I said in one of my comments ona picture around here the Abyssal Fleet girls are the best.
I have a soft spot for Wo-class and Kai-ni if I remember correctly. Their character designs are exquisite.
DarkRoseofHell said:
Yay
Artist?
Gorgeous cover. I hoped someone scans it sometime soon.
animefan01 said:
Artist?
Gorgeous cover. I hoped someone scans it sometime soon.
mishima_kurone
animefan01 said:
KanColle girls huh?
I am not a moe person so as I said in one of my comments ona picture around here the Abyssal Fleet girls are the best.
I have a soft spot for Wo-class and Kai-ni if I remember correctly. Their character designs are exquisite.
Ah the evil "spirits / fallen / American / Abyssal ships". She's cute with that mysterious, direct look. Some of her fan-art do her justice more than her original looks.

I think Natsu likes Hibiki (going by the avatar).

DarkRoseofHell said:
Yay
Hmm. I feel like I came across that...but from somewhere else.
Ah whatever. With those nice looks, I'm sure to see it in Yande.re eventually.

Wth the artist name known, maybe Katsu gave you a good hint?
i guess you can say that...
MIshima Kurone is the artist name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9crsKLba3k8
Please guys. Drop whatever you've been doing and listen to this. Opinion?
animefan01 said:
it's quite good and cute.. music
animefan01 said:
Wow Nagi
She is a good singer! i love her song so much!
AZD-A9S said:
Love Live is one of them? Huh...
ok so ive been playing the love live game for mobile, both usa and jp versions, for like a week now. and then i watched the anime. and then i headed the site and i bumped into this masterpiece.THIS GAME IS SO GOOD. U HAVE TO PLAY. its a must.

the anime is very good and cute overall, tho there are episodes that are >extremely< irritating and dumb. spoiler but HANAYOS VOICE IS LIFE. spoiler all the girls are really great (except honoka and kotori to me, they are just blergh. im also so pissed off with how obviously they make honoka much prettier than any other character in most important screencaps in the anime) another thing id like to point out is how the songs they perform tend to be their worst ones (with the exception of start dash and snow halation, in my opinion). susume tomorrow and love & peace are two good examples of great songs that appear in the anime and are not used in the live shows, while the last songs they sing are bbbbbbboooringgg and have no interesting melody. i rly think the choreography could be more complex and emotional. and the songs, less commonplace. thats how > i < would make music. but well, its a marketable anime, so i guess we cant expect that much. and the interaction among the girls is rly adorable. i wanted to kill someone in the episodes i mentioned on spoilers, and on some others the pace was so slow i wish i could fast forward, but rly i regret nothing. i can see love live is far from ending. and THE GAME. is so good. some songs are so good. nico is so good. i can see myself doin a lot of dojins and videos and remixes and stuff in the future. love live is rly a great thing and a great resource, despite the blatant flaws, i think thats what i want to say. plz give it a chance. ESPECIALLY THE GAME. PLAY THE GAME. SRSLY.
Whoa. What an avatar you have there lady.

No can do Subi-Debbie. When you said mobile, I instantly refuse.
Mobile games is something I'll never...and may never do in my life.
Don't know why but I just don't like gaming on phones...even though I never tried them.

Handhelds is somewhat different and that's because of me growing up with Nintendo.
If it weren't for Gradius and R-Type showing up for the PSP, I never would've gotten that handheld.

Also as much as I enjoy Cartoon and Anime series I know, I will most likely never buy their games.
I don't know why, I just don't want to.
I'm not too much into fighting games and I really can't see me playing a Sailor Moon game or magic-related stuff...
I have bought at least two Naruto games in the past, but I never bought another one after them.

Going by your info., Love Live is musical related. I don't care much for music games.
The only music games I played...if it can be considered that, is PaRappa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy. I enjoyed those two. I wouldn't have even discovered them if it weren't for my Mother long ago.

It's all a matter of taste really.
I still have yet to try out the Love Live Anime.
Thanks for the heads up on it. I have to brace myself for the singing portions.
That reminds me...

animefan01 said:
Is that song Touhou related? I see Marisa on the video.
(That woman, Yana...her voice is just so...soft, nice, soothing.)
im kind of excited for the dissidia arcade game... although im kind of disappointed on people saying it's going to be ruined by team ninja...
I somehow know that feeling natsu.

One example...

On a different note, I saw Kantai Collection Episode 12 today. Commie finally released their version.

I will say I enjoyed the Anime. From 1 to 12. Some were good, others were better than the rest.

Episode 12 is the one that got me feeling...hmm...confused will be the word I'll choose. I can't think of a right word due to how I'm feeling after watching that.

Of all the episodes, 12 just feels...off. I really not sure how to describe or choose the right word. It just didn't seem right or ended right. When I saw episode 11, I was curious, excited and looking forward to seeing how 12 will end 11's event.

Weeks later, today comes, and I see 12. Most of the episode episode felt off...awkward...cheesy (?) / cliche (?)...or something.

Hmm...

Eh...at least there will be a second season in the future. I expect much more on that. I like to see more ships animated. The Anime art makes the girls so much better looking than the game's art on a good amount of the girls of Kancolle. For example, Shibafu's Fubuki art makes her look so plain and boring. The Anime made her much cuter.

Some Anime art can be better than the game, some look horrible compared to the game. One example I know of is Da Capo II's Anime. I think Mod Aoie can agreed to that when it comes to Sawai Maya.