Close
Could we....
Block users from being able to post/comment the first 24hrs after they have registered their account? I know boards that have this "rule" to avoid spambots and trolls.
Wow - how weird:

Feito said:
Block users from being able to post/comment the first 24hrs after they have registered their account? I know boards that have this "rule" to avoid spambots and trolls.
I already suggested something really similar to what you said to admin2 long ago. The Mods need to agree though and doesn't seem like that will happen as of now. Probably complicated.

Reading Danbooru's wiki, they have a setup that makes new users unable to post comments for a week.
Link:

Also when you comment, there's a big header about commenting and clicking that provides a link to the "How to comment" section.

This isn't Danbooru I know...but it could help ease some of the load on the Moderator/Administrator's hands.
we are here 24/7 from all over the world, and I don't know the time spamming got flooded for an half day.
I don't think we need it.

(and also that howto:comment irritates me..)
That's the kind of rule that always makes me turn away from boards almost instantly. Especially here you sign up to upload or to comment. With that restriction in place, you'd not be able to do 1 of the 2. Or why not both? Stupid uploads are just as bad. Naw let's not do that. That way you can sign up but not do anything. How wonderful.

I don't see anything wrong with what's done right now when someone's being an idiot - regardless of where be it comments, forum, uploads - point it out, possibly point it out again, ban them either once or twice if they do it again.
It's fine the way it is now. Newly-registered users have valid things to say sometimes. There are enough of us to have someone online all the time to catch the stupids. I don't think preventing comments for 24 hours will do much, there are stupid people with enough time on their hands to find another way to troll.

midzki said:
I'm trying to make it shorter, but at least having something there now doesn't let people say that we don't have guidelines in place.
I don't like the idea of restricting stuff either.Even is it's a simple "Lol, nice" comment, as long as one doesn't flood the entire board with it or double/triple posts, why should't that be ok >_>. We aren't a forum.
Well in the oh so 100 cases it has always been a troll that just registered, left a (1-5) comment(s) 10 seconds after login in. Then was never heard of again. This is all that I actually wanted to point out.

I imagen thier being at least 500 ghost accounts here.

Iphone posting is serious biz!..

Edit: Also, if you have theurge to post something. Then your not gonna google "i dunno what" and post random lol pic on the first imageboard you see?

Take the registration as somthing to look forward too, not because you "had too" post "nice" or "hawt" or whatever.
Aurelia is about right. There's really only a few hours of the day in which there are no mods to check up on the comments, forums or the new uploaded posts. Unless there's a severe issue with trolling or multi-post spams, there's no reason at the moment when on average it's usually taken down before most users even notices it.

Unless you're one of those that comes and refreshes the post page every minute ^^
midzki said:

Why so, midzki?
you can post silly one line until they get regarded as spams.
you can use several emoticons per post
you can post funny dialogues if you aren't intend to continue them.
you can respond to something months after the fact.
e.t.c.. don't know ┐('~`;)┌
Lol that's a rather unique view. And what's this
about the iPhone do I take that as bad or good?( As I spend the majority of my time on the site from the iPhone )

Sides I believe restricting Various things may limit some various helpful comments. ( From my exp. at my site ) Dunno. But at least mods help us on some of those as they can just delete the comments or we can just ignore them altogether..,
midzki said:
you can post silly one line until they get regarded as spams.
you can use several emoticons per post
you can post funny dialogues if you aren't intend to continue them.
you can respond to something months after the fact.
e.t.c.. don't know ┐('~`;)┌
howto:comment v2
Aurelia said:
howto:comment v2
Looks much better :)
Morning and.... All I'm trying to say is if a user "troll" is blocked from some reason after registration, he or she won't in the 99% of all cases come back after 1 day.

Take doom9 for example an all purpose see the link

Some users tend to read up the forum and I know were' not a forum yes I know that, but we a comment section that still mattes no? If I remember correctly you were locked for 3 days after registration from being able to "post".

Now if you have the urge to post as I said earlier why not spend those 3 days or 24hrs to find even more exquisite pics? Learn how to tag, and get along with the site before posting your awesome but often not wanted pics in the cases of: lowres, pokemon lol, bad quality, jpeg hell etc.

You have like 10 other (I bet) or so imageboards that were ripped of danbooru, so why choose moe over something else if all your gonna post is 800x800 eroge CG found on X forum/P2P or google or something else that falls way behind on what this board is offering and "wants in return". Pixiv may be or happen to be below standards sometimes but there's a reason for that *nods*

To Hime
estimated rules derive the effort of deep thinking from homo sapiens. they should be minimum as we can, I believe.

think if moe restricted the post of scans like AP, there is no chance to improve the quality of scans (and I'm not even here)
I think it is stupid to destroy it for everybody because of few trolls/spammers and against waiting period for posting or commenting after registration. If we will get flooded by trolls one day, we can start to consider it.