Close
What would be the best CPU to start making art???
I am resintly gottin real big on wanting to starting to get all the stuff make art with any sugestions.
um... i guess anything that you can insert in an intel p45 motherboard is good enough... like... like... any pentium dual core processors... 4 gig ram... and a videocard of your choice... depending if you're doing 3d or 2d art... a wacom tablet i guess..
Well, I have 3 GB of RAM and 320 of HD, a Wacom Bamboo Small and I can live with PaintTool SAI and Adobe Photoshop CS3.

There are bigger tablets and PS CS4 and better machines, but I still can live with this. Anything from this on is very good.
Thank you for your part 8) and I think that I'm gunna get a mac ;)
This is great! I hope everything works well for you and you get your Mac and your tablet.
Remember, a tablet is absolutally necessary.
A Wacom tablet is even better.
i agree with the wacom. ive said somewhere else too about the program painter, you should have a look at that, its much more for creating art than photoshop in my opinion - photoshops for editing, but you will definitely need it as well. illustrator is good too. as for mac/pc, personally i have both, and love the mac like a geek, but when it comes to painter/photoshop/illustrator, there's really no difference. macs are brilliant, but if youre putting out a lot of money, youd be better getting a pc and the best tablet you can afford rather than spending the extra on a mac. unless youre rich that is...
Right now I'm running a PC with overclocked intel core i7, Radeon 5970 CrossfireX graphics card, and 12 GB of ram, with 1 TB of space. My preferences for programs are Paint Tool SAI and Photoshop. Tablet model is a Wacom Intuos 3.
CPU is not your main concern when your working with paint applications however the more ram you can have the better thats for sure but only if your working with really large pictures.

Other then that, CPU is not really that important.
Ya I know that but the thing is that I don't have a CPU to begin with lol
Rebel121 said:
Ya I know that but the thing is that I don't have a CPU to begin with lol
Wait... you're using your computer right now, so you must have a CPU. All computers need a CPU in order to operate.
Ponnkun said:
Wait... you're using your computer right now, so you must have a CPU. All computers need a CPU in order to operate.
um... maybe reby kun is in an internet cafe?...
I use my iPhone lol I didn't tell that one haha^__^
Same here. Xd Rebel ftw with iPhone users. XD
ChikaneHimemiya said:
Same here. Xd Rebel ftw with iPhone users. XD
Were I live I can't get highspeed lol we get dial up ahhhhh so my phone is the best thing around I just need a computer for my work and my art stuff haha^__^
Yu know you can reprogram it, and it can do several things the computer can do, such as installing custom programs and the like. My phone is set to operate programs like paint, conversions (files), and starcraft.<--My by far most proud achievement. XD!

Though as you obviously migth've stated it, it obviously can't do as much as the computer can, but it can to a an acceptable degree.
Ya but I love my phone font get me wrong lol and that's interesting what you said bout reprograming it I might look into it^__^
XD it's worth looking into. As it is the iphone is a box with several chains on it, with only a small portion of it viewable. All you need is the key to see the treasure inside. XD
ChikaneHimemiya said:
XD it's worth looking into. As it is the iphone is a box with several chains on it, with only a small portion of it viewable. All you need is the key to see the treasure inside. XD
Nice analogy lol that's funny[^_^]
You don't need a very powerful computer to make art. Just have a decent program to paint in (I use Photoshop CS3 or Paint Tool SAI), a wacom tablet (I use a large Intuos4 but you can get by easily with a Bamboo fun for starters) and a few gigs of RAM if you plan to work LARGE and with lots of layers. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the performance of your machine unless it's really old. ^^;
um... i discourage buying mac pc's though... since the parts are kind of hard to get... if ever you need to replace them...

i'm glad everyone sees wacom as i see them...
does the iphone haven't comma in the default? I saw many iphone users, but most of them couldn't use comma.
or rather... they're just lazy to use it?...

i wouldn't know either... i don't have one...
midzki said:
does the iphone haven't comma in the default? I saw many iphone users, but most of them couldn't use comma.
what's comma? Isn't that punctuation in english?

And.. people really love paint tool sai, and wacom huh? I go for mac and paint. XD mainy b.c im too lazy to get the other programs
um... this is a comma ( , ) ...

neh neh chika chan... what line of work are you in?... chika chan... chi... ka... chaaaa... n...
General contracting i paint houses and all that good stuff lol what about you????
oh... um... i was talking to chika chan...

i was kind of just kidding with her... because she won't tell me... as i won't tell mine...

that is... if i have one...

gomen ne... reby kun...

are you with a crew?... or just by yourself?...

wow... i like painting things... although the paints seem to not like me...
O sorry my bad. •~•' And no I work by my self I'm a one man crew lol.
ah... i see... um... what do you usually paint then?...
Well it just depends on what the customer wants at that time but usually I have to go glazing lol it's hard but it pays good.