Close
glazing?...

like on windows?...
It's were you take base color and you take other colors that complement it and you dab them ontop of the base color.
i do not get it...

at first i thought it was to make thing shiny or something like that...

complementing colors? ... you mean like blue and yellow?...
Ok say you want a wall painted say moka you would use tan and may be a cream color to softin the moka It most offtin asked to be made into an aksent wall.
Riven said:
You don't need a very powerful computer to make art. Just have a decent program to paint in (I use Photoshop CS3 or Paint Tool SAI), a wacom tablet (I use a large Intuos4 but you can get by easily with a Bamboo fun for starters) and a few gigs of RAM if you plan to work LARGE and with lots of layers. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the performance of your machine unless it's really old. ^^;
How is the Intuos4? I've been meaning to upgrade, but I'm a bit iffy about it.
Ponnkun said:
How is the Intuos4? I've been meaning to upgrade, but I'm a bit iffy about it.
The upgrade is not that big if you have an previous version of the intuos: 3, 2 or the first generations. It's very good if you are wanting a Wacom brand tablet.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/hardware/ig/Wacom-Intuos4/Intuos4-versus-Intuos3.htm

If these didn't impress you, the older generation models will do you just fine. :)

ps: I know i never needed 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity on my tablets.
ah... i see...

i was kind of confused when you said complimentary colors...

it was more kind of a different shade of the base color...

i see... i see...
For me the rougher texture of the intuos4 makes a huge difference. Combined with the felt nip, it comes fairly close to a pencil-on-paper feel.
MirrorMagpie said:
For me the rougher texture of the intuos4 makes a huge difference. Combined with the felt nip, it comes fairly close to a pencil-on-paper feel.
I haven't personally tried the intous4 yet. I do know like you said, the intuos 1, 2 and 3 active area has a very glossy finish so when you press the stylus nibs against it, it's feels really slick.

Now if they had some samples out at Fry's to test out, i'd be there all day :)
in any tablet you are using, paste a tracing paper with a weak adhesive double-stick tape on the board. other type of paper will be also fine.
I prefer the bamboo more than the intuous because bamboo is very thin and small, you can set the keyboard and the tablet near, and use them both easily.