Close
About posting screen caps
why they are allowed currently?
although they're upscaled, artifacted, and easily reproducible.

edit: unsticked.
I'm for deleting pretty much 70% of them since they're artifacted and upscaled most of the times. Although i haven't done so since there's no written rule against them. If more users agree that they're pretty much pointless, i'm for purging most of the bad quality ones.
No problem for me, as long as they're ripped directly for a high quality source like a Blu-ray (and they're kinda cleaned).
syaoran-kun said:
If more users agree that they're pretty much pointless, i'm for purging most of the bad quality ones.
I agree; most, if not all, are pointless especially on this site.
just looked back some screen_caps.
if I delete only upscaled ones, then 80% will gone (except scans. I recommend not to add this tag on scan materials, to make moderate easily)
I think we should discuss what to do with them before you go about it. Rather than delete some, it might be better to remove them all.
discuss more.
you know, I'm a person who takes action if there are no against within 48 hours after I showed my final opinion ∀゚)クワッ
Even at the best HD res right now it's only about 2mpix. The only thing you should do when you've got a screencrap you like is hit it up with vector etc software and extract.
Fine for me but I would like to know the opinion of non-mod users.
hm.. then contrary, are there images shouldn't be deleted on screen_cap?
no more?
can I start killing them tyrannously with my personal judge?
I'd say to don't kill ladies_versus_butlers! cap (unless they are crappy as the rest)
I think stitched ones made from several shots are O.K.
but doubt the value of single shots taken from upscaled source.
blooregardo said:
I'd say to don't kill ladies_versus_butlers! cap (unless they are crappy as the rest)
All caps must die.
blooregardo said:
Radioactive said:
All caps must die.
with reasons?
Doing a quick search, I found a few ones that weren't that bad. Like post #17305 and post #17642

I believe caps + image fault tag = deletion
But not all caps have faults (or at least, not that bad)
Mmm this is what I think about it.

Deleting everything is a bit too extreme, but deleting those who are not "enough" will do very good for overall quality, I guess. You are on the right way.
One or two that are .ts or BD rips look fine, but for the most part the caps here are terrible so I would support deleting all of them.
In before, almost aired animes are made at 720p or under. companies upscale them at 1080p when they press them on BD.
I assume at least anyone agreed on killing 80% of caps.
I'll work on killing them this night.

edit:done. I left some ambiguous (and maybe it's including some craps I didn't notice or failed to click flag) need more discussion. see cap