Close
to further derail the thread I went though my shelves and found post #55313
Cyberbeing said:
I'm pretty sure the 2GB Unity requirement does take your own shares into account, since it adds them directly to your Unity. If it didn't, why would the notice about 2GB stop popping up after you add 2GB of stuff? The whole point is to have 2GB of things to to contribute (upload) to the PD network.
There is 3 ranked Unity things, one is your Upload, this is seperate, one is all files you download this is also seperate, and third is what everyone have uploaded to you, THIS is what count and what you need 2GB of.

When you insert a file into PD, it spread it all around at first, aka it upload the file to others, aka this is what count, but it doesn't count for yourself. Reason for this is to make it very hard to figure out who have uploaded what.

In any event the 100kb/s is an limit on your actually Upload, not your download, it doesn't matter if you got 10Mbit down, but if you don't have at least 1Mbit up and can continues keep that speed even if you download ( DSL is a terrible choise here for that ) PD is not an App that you have any use for.
share / pd on a dedicated 100mbit server is fun!