Close
There's a new image format available, called BPG (Better Portable Graphics). You can see an example of how it differs from JPEG here: http://bellard.org/bpg/lena.html

The curious thing to note about that page is that it actually loads the bpg versions as bpg files from the server and decompresses them with javascript. You could probably cut down on the server bandwidth usage a lot if you changed the site to use BPG where sensible.

In addition to being just plain more efficient, it also supports lossless compression and transparency. In my limited tests, the lossless mode compresses significantly better than PNG. I also suspect the highest quality lossy modes mostly just leave out noise.

Compression is slow but decompression is fast and most computers actually possess hardware that is capable in decoding it in hardware. (It's based on HEVC algorithms.)

For more info and sources or windows binaries, see here:
http://bellard.org/bpg/
Not really a big issue, but the personal tag subscription doesn't seem to update anymore?
DarkRoseofHell said:
Not really a big issue, but the personal tag subscription doesn't seem to update anymore?
https://yande.re/job_task

Seems so.
Would it be possible to implement a search for images that have been posted more than X days ago but someone has voted for less than X days ago. Preferably ordered so that the most recently voted ones come first. Perhaps even a weighted score based on total votes the image has received but weighted so that later ones weigh a little more.

X would be the search parameter.

Would perhaps also make sense to treat the search time as automatic second parameter and ignore all votes after that to keep the results stable.

This would be another way for users to interact with each other.
gerbil193 said:
Would it be possible to implement a search for images that have been posted more than X days ago but someone has voted for less than X days ago.
Click on the more link in the menu bar and look under the Posts section, you'll find:

Popular (last 24 hours)
Popular (by day)
Popular (by week)
Popular (by month)

The first one, popular in the last 24 hours, also has links at the top that'll expand the range to 1 week, 1 month, and even 1 year. This does most of what you are asking, but does not include a filter for if you've voted or not.
gerbil193 said:
Would it be possible to implement a search for images that have been posted more than X days ago but someone has voted for less than X days ago. Preferably ordered so that the most recently voted ones come first. Perhaps even a weighted score based on total votes the image has received but weighted so that later ones weigh a little more.

X would be the search parameter.

Would perhaps also make sense to treat the search time as automatic second parameter and ignore all votes after that to keep the results stable.

This would be another way for users to interact with each other.
Try search cheat sheet of "date" "vote" and "order". Doesn't work exactly as you described but similar.
"date" and "order" work but I can't figure out how to search for anyone's votes. it seems to require me to specify whose votes I want to search for.
gerbil193 said:
"date" and "order" work but I can't figure out how to search for anyone's votes. it seems to require me to specify whose votes I want to search for.
what do you mean by "anyone's votes"? Do you mean the score of image? Just use order:score then?
fireattack said:
https://yande.re/job_task

Seems so.
*pokes the dead update* :(
DarkRoseofHell said:
*pokes the dead update* :(
*poke* D:
I don't know if it's annoying you guys but I find it really convenient, if it is I'll stop poking it.
I'd correct (update) "Help" page, for exmaple "Color" (about tags) section.
Also I notice A LOT of duplicates while scavenging through artists. Need a way to merge them (keeping in mind all the votes etc.) or something, at least display filter not necessarily huge impact on the system.
Also kind of 'continues download' option in browse mode to load all 'forward' pics instead of the only next one (which is great already).
bezblednyrycerz said:
Also I notice A LOT of duplicates while scavenging through artists. Need a way to merge them (keeping in mind all the votes etc.) or something, at least display filter not necessarily huge impact on the system.
The mods occasionally go through duplicates and reparent votes, but it's not an easy job.
Radioactive said:
The mods occasionally go through duplicates and reparent votes, but it's not an easy job.
Sure, but how about helping them by special tagging (is there already accepted method?) or maybe flagging for deletion with other duplicate link?
bezblednyrycerz said:
Also kind of 'continues download' option in browse mode to load all 'forward' pics instead of the only next one (which is great already).
Well I've just discovered how current feature can choke the RAM while loading ton of big images at one tab. Better idea would be to do that for list-mode, in this case endless-apparent loading of thumbnailed entries so we could forget about clicking 'Next' page, just keep scrolling.
bezblednyrycerz said:
Sure, but how about helping them by special tagging (is there already accepted method?) or maybe flagging for deletion with other duplicate link?
Use the duplicate tag on the child scan.

Please do not flag for deletion.
Radioactive said:
Use the duplicate tag on the child scan.

Please do not flag for deletion.
Can I blacklist all child posts, which are already given as a kind of duplicates?
bezblednyrycerz said:
Can I blacklist all child posts, which are already given as a kind of duplicates?
No you can't. And different scan versions or fixed/before-fix images are not duplicates.
Now I'm not sure if this is at all possible (well it's possible but I don't know if it's worth the work). Currently on your profile you can check your favourite artists, copyrights etc. but they are showed only based on the number of ratings that you've given them (as far as I know). However if for example artist A has 20 pictures here and I've added all of them to my favourites and artist B has 200 pictures and I've added 25 of them to my favourites then by percentage I like artist A more but the system still favors artist B because the overall amount is bigger. Of course a pure percentage system wouldn't be good either as there are artist that have only 1 picture here so I'm not exactly sure how it really should be dealt with. Opinions?
There is no tag for 'really-damn-young-girl-exposed' or am I blind? 'loli' tag seems to be more related to clothing than to age and 'extreme' tag would be rather exaggeration and is not used. Would like to blacklist those not mature younglings, messing up the context. This may be a boundary issue.
'Contain' type of resize for thumbnails in 'browse' mode would save a lot of time (and server net bandwidth) - to see the whole image not a part of it. + maybe move the scroll bar to vertical position under details box and bigger thumbnails as an option? Reasoned improvement needed, current arrangement is hard to use on smaller desktops and I think not at all for some mobiles. // Great job on website otherwise.
bezblednyrycerz said:
There is no tag for 'really-damn-young-girl-exposed' or am I blind? 'loli' tag seems to be more related to clothing than to age and 'extreme' tag would be rather exaggeration and is not used. Would like to blacklist those not mature younglings, messing up the context. This may be a boundary issue.
It's an subjective tag. Try using rating:q loli to your blacklist and that will filter out most of these.

Default blacklist already contains rating:e
Is it possible to make the images at https://yande.re/post bigger? They are tiny...
Clicking the "Download larger version" button gives me blurry, jpeg-artifacted, blow-up images, yet if I decided on checking the source page/image it doesn't look terrible. Am I the only one with this problem?

Viewing Yandere from Google Chrome
ilok said:
Is it possible to make the images at https://yande.re/post bigger? They are tiny...
holding down shift while having your cursor above them makes them slightly bigger
bezblednyrycerz said:
'Contain' type of resize for thumbnails in 'browse' mode would save a lot of time (and server net bandwidth) - to see the whole image not a part of it. + maybe move the scroll bar to vertical position under details box and bigger thumbnails as an option? Reasoned improvement needed, current arrangement is hard to use on smaller desktops and I think not at all for some mobiles. // Great job on website otherwise.
Something quite easy to develop would be just a setting switch for thumbnail type - whole image or bigger-centered like now. One more thumbnail for each image-post wouldn't take dangerous amount of space, considering space already taken by various versions of a single image.
One suggestion if it doesn't already exist. Have the ability to view all thumbnail images on one page or at least have the ability to show more like 25, 50, 75 images a page. would be fast to view images this way imo.
<WtFrostyCakes> can you look into changing yande.re's post page titles from [list of tags by alphabetically order, typically with "ass" in very front]
<WtFrostyCakes> to donmai's "[character] by [artist]"
<WtFrostyCakes> "ass" and "breasts"
<WtFrostyCakes> and "cameltoe"
<WtFrostyCakes> and "erect nipples"
<petopeto> should just use the tag list sort
Recently, lots of images have been posted as PNGs, yet still have a very low quality resulting in lots of JPEG artifacts (might be JPEGs converted to PNGs). Examples are Kancolle Visual Book, recent Dengeki Moeoh and recent Dengeki Hime. When I download a PNG, I expect it to be free of artifacts. I understand high quality PNG are not always available, but wouldn't it be better if these type of images are only posted as JPEG, so people would know it could have artifacts?