Close
Score isn't completely meaningless, but it's not very helpful. It's nice to know if *someone* cares about what you're posting, though. I do wish danbooru tracked all votes; then it could be a bit more intelligent about score. For example, heuristically, "score among people who tend to vote for S/Q posts"; "score among people who vote like me". This could help the "Similar Users" be less dumb, too (right now it just uses favorites--not enough information), and maybe allow doing "recommended posts".

I don't think pools need a major redesign. I agree there's redundancy in the feature set; I had that impression, too. We can deal with it by just choosing their uses where they make sense, though.

I don't like the idea of pools being something that you post and that people then just grab en masse. At that point, we may as well just be posting torrents. For the "completed" purpose we could just put "completed", "incomplete" or "ongoing" (for open-ended pools) in the pool description. Of course, most pools are never truly completed; someone might always update a post.

Posts with visibility in the index should get coloured borders.
This is the major issue I have with P/C. In my opinion, *all* posts should be visible in the index, excluding only dupes and variants (eg. fixed fixme's), and maybe batch posts at the poster's discretion (eg. that monochrome batch by admin2).

In other words, with the current system, I think the only things that should be P/Cd are those exceptions.

Put another way, if a post isn't shown in the index, it's so rarely going to be seen, why post it?

I think advanced blacklists are the only thing missing for this to be reasonable in general.