Close
Information Please
I've noticed something that I would like someone to explain. Today, around 5:30PM EST, I checked for updates and noticed that there was about ten pages added since I last checked. I came back tonight about 12:30AM and noticed that about a half a dozen erotic pics were removed. I've noticed that a lot of them get removed, but why? If there is access to them via another route could someone please inform me.

KF
If you were unregistered explicit pics won't be shown. If you register you get to see them.

The explicit pics also have to be of somewhat high resolution, if you want hentai in general then I suggest going back to danbooru and trying to get a privileged account
What does it take to be registered? I have an account, is that all I need?
Well yes, make sure you're logged in of course. We delete explicit pics if they're in poor taste or low resolution.
Ok. Did not know that about the pics. One of the reasons I love this sight is for the high res images you host. As a struggling artist, I like seeing how these artists handle line width, composition, and overall handling of space and proportion.

What then would be too small of an image? What would be in poor taste?

Also could you please tell me more about danbooru? Do they host images that equal yours in quality?
knightedfeline said: Also could you please tell me more about danbooru? Do they host images that equal yours in quality?
Danbooru is run by albert, who writes the software this and all other *booru sites use, with or without modifications. Danbooru has a much broader scope in terms of what can be posted, and so your satisfaction with the quality will vary, of course, depending on what it is you like. It also posts many, many times more images in a day than moe.imouto, because it takes a different approach. Danbooru and moe serve different ends, though both useful.

The focus of Danbooru is on recent fanart (things often get uploaded within an hour of the artist posting it online), while moe.imouto focuses more on scans of high res official art, whether posters or magazine spreads or cover scans.

Danbooru's currently on an invitation system. When you sign up for an account (open to all), you can view rating:safe and as of a month or two ago, rating:questionable images. You also get lots of possibly annoying ads, but Danbooru has already died once in part due to bandwidth concerns, so this is done to ensure longevity.

Users who get an invite are allowed to view rating:explicit images as well as use certain features users without an invite can. Invited users can also post directly and without daily limits, while for users without an invite, it's 16 per 24 hours and all uploads are moderated before acceptance (oh and no ads). So there is moderately strict quality control in that sense. Danbooru is not 4chan.

So check it out if you want (just don't ask for an invite, bad form, invited are based almost entirely on merit), but if you're only interested in high resolution images, moe.imouto probably serves your needs just fine.

(In the interests of discosure: I'm a mod at Danbooru.)

http://danbooru.donmai.us
Danbooru is not 4chan.I'm sorry I don't know what that means.

So check it out if you want (just don't ask for an invite, bad form, invited are based almost entirely on merit)So how does someone prove their merit?
knightedfeline said: I'm sorry I don't know what that means.
Heh, never heard of 4chan? 4chan is a large english language imageboard based off the enormous Japanese 2chan. Basically, 4chan is a lot less discriminating in what's posted.

So how does someone prove their merit?
By contributing. Add translations, post good images, suggest improvements, help implement improvements, fix tags, etc etc. basically, participate in that which makes the site worth visiting.
and we could still need some seeders for the torrent! :D

will make a new one (with structure of old ero one) soon...
knightedfeline said:
Danbooru is not 4chan.

I'm sorry I don't know what that means.
Have a look on http://orz.4chan.org/hr/imgboard.html but be aware that lot of immature idiots try to troll /hr/
4chan looks interesting. I'll have to check it out more later.

Right now I'm working on some DVD covers for my girlfriends project. I'm hoping they'll turn out okay. Also, would it be okay if I posted a link to some videos that I've made? One is a lightsaber battle, the other two are AMVs.
knightedfeline said: Also, would it be okay if I posted a link to some videos that I've made? One is a lightsaber battle, the other two are AMVs.
I don't think they're really on topic for a highres anime imageboard.
True...

Youtube isn't exactly what you'd call Highres, though the AMVs are anime.

But other than offering critiques and talking about my own work, I don't seem to have much else to offer.