Possible name change
moe.imouto.org might switch to just imouto.org

why just imouto.org? Was bored while driving and this clicked in my head

IMages Organized Under Tagging Operations
or
Image Metadata Online Utilizing Tagged Organization

Yeah stupid sorry, but I might do it if the community thinks its ok
fine with me, a little change won't do harm :D
Well maybe it is not so bad idea as there is not only "moe" images on this site.
I've actually become very accustomed to calling this place moe and adding imouto if it's needed for clarification ^^

my vote for not changing the name.
how bout we call it moe.and-other-stuf.imouto ... LOl JK! Either way is fine for me :)
I suppose it would be easier for you to add subdomains as well.

www.imouto.org sounds fine to me.
One thing we will need, though, is new imouto artwork. The young lady at the top of the screen, and on the home page, may need to be replaced.
Radioactive said:
One thing we will need, though, is new imouto artwork. The young lady at the top of the screen, and on the home page, may need to be replaced.
Now there's a good idea. Could even have it change once a month or something like that so it'll be different once in a while.
Wraith said:
Now there's a good idea. Could even have it change once a month or something like that so it'll be different once in a while.
I don't think that we will have time to do that, It is the content that counts, not the look.

Though I'm sure that admin2 will have some nice artwork he can use.
Awww... I always refer to Moe as well.. Moe. Calling it imouto just sounds weird. And imouto.orgy sounds weirder.
just stick a :3 loli on the front page and everyone will be happy.
actually, I think things are pretty good the way they are. the site, the layout, the colours, the mascot and the url. i'm all for compact (unless we're talking about scans lol) but making the url smaller... I dunno, you're changing more than the URL, you're changing the name of the site. it would feel "less" of a url more than anything else.

2c.
might be moving to anime-scans.org, undecided..
admin2 said:
might be moving to anime-scans.org, undecided..
Humm... I'm not quite sure what you mean by this admin2. As in domain change or like a merge?
anime-scans.org
Rather generic name though? Feels rather cold, and uninviting.

I would suggest something a bit more unique...

(That is if we are talking about a new domain)
Radioactive said:
Rather generic name though? Feels rather cold, and uninviting.

I would suggest something a bit more unique...

(That is if we are talking about a new domain)
Quite... of an unpleasant name >.<
It will be interesting to see where admin2 takes the site.
I see a few advantages moving to anime-scans.org, would give better google results when you're linked as "anime-scans" instead of "moe.imouto.org" when trying to go up the anime scans keyword in google. The downside is the lack of uniqueness in the name and probably other issues? I'm still undecided on what to do, but I did register the domain name anyways....
It is true that the google search for anime scan would result in better results, but from what i've seen most anime fans and suches like me searches for high res scans already do know moe as the place for high res scans.

I guess it's for the people who don't know already or have become accustomed to.

ps: Also, admin2 if you haven't already checked there's a manga scanlator group callled "animescans" too at animescans.net

Of course if you decided on it, i'll support you in the ways I can ^^
In the longer term you really need to find something more unique.

Remember 4chan used to be an unusual name for a English image board...
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."