Close
kiowa said:
Yeah finished that strider battle... Quite challenging indeed. Here's what I figured out after retrying a few times:

1. Finish off the hunters first. The striders can always wait.
2. The most efficient way killing the hunters is conventional weapon fire. Although ramming one or sending its bullets back may seem smart, these are not as effective as weapon fire when you have plenty of ammo.
3. When using rockets against hunters, aim for the ground beneath them for splash damage if engaging from mid-long range since they dodge the rockets and the trail smoke prevents you from guiding properly.
Heh...that battle was hard.

Sounds good advice...but tell me... did you get that achievement in keeping all the houses alive?
I still haven't.

When the 1st set of Striders appear, I can kill one but when that happens, the other Strider speeds up and ends up destroying that 1st wooden house before I can get a chance to blow it up with that bomb.

The hunters around it makes sure you can't shoot your bomb if you don't take care of them first but it just hard in defending that house for the start of that achievement. You have to be really fast in order to save that 1st wooden house from the first set of Striders since killing either one of them gets the other in a speeding frenzy.