Close
Hitting the hardware limit wall
After my uploads a few days ago we've been hitting some walls with current hardware setup and bandwidth.

IO's maxed out BW's maxed out, and I don't have any money xD

Anyways, just letting everyone know that sometimes the site will be slow due to image floods.

Once I work my way out of the lovely hole of debt we'll be moving to a gigabit line + better hardware but in the mean time we'll just have to make do with what we have.
Just a thought
Why don't you accept donations again? I'm surprised with all the bandwidth and amount of images you have you don't have any ads, not that I'm complaining. With all the goodies I've been able to get here I wouldn't mind helping out a bit. :)
I don't like ads and I don't like begging for donations when I'm irresponsibly spending my paycheck on frivolous things.
I'm still getting 280k/sec from the server (now that that oddball SATA glitch earlier is fixed). It seems fine--there's no inherent harm in saturating bandwidth, as long as there's enough to split around for each request--if my speeds are any indication, the server could handle twice what it's doing now...
what about using saki and the other server to help ?

main bw is newest stuff right ?
Saki still only handles the older images?