Close
Exif data stripping
I'm not totally sure, but Yande.re appears to be stripping exif data from images as they're uploaded. Perhaps someone can confirm that this is the case. If I'm mistaken, this post can be ignored.

Having read some threads here, I'm guessing it's a response to AP's hypocritical attitude towards copyright, in which case I fully understand the need to do something.

However, I organize my collection by means of md5, and consequently I'm now gathering a collection of duplicates from this site. I would have thought I wasn't the only one. This move also effectively breaks the site's md5 search feature in many cases. It also makes it difficult to tell whether an image has been modified from the artist's original version.

I'd like to suggest white-listing the following exif comment and others like it:
"Paint Tool -SAI- JPEG Encoder v1.00"

This would almost entirely fix the issue while still offering protection to AP image uploaders.
yes the site strips exif

I can't whitelist the exif stripping either

I can however, not strip exif if the source url is from pixiv
Theoretically we should only remove ap's copyright info in exif.
But iirc admin2 said our system now can only remove all exif together :/
I had thought it would be an easy matter to read the image comment first... if not then I suppose your options are quite limited.

Exempting Pixiv would certainly help.

Another possibility would be to give the user control over whether their upload has its exif data stripped. Whether the option would be used appropriately, I don't know.

I don't think I'll have anything more to add to this discussion, since I know very little about the workings of this website. It's not ideal, but with some effort I can probably work around this by storing "stripped" md5s at my end.

Thank you both for responding.