Close
how about add "last updated" in /pool ?
well, because there's so many pools that created more than years ago but still updated until now
and so, how about add "last updated" beside "last created" ?
yeah.. and a way to sort by it. Any mark like "completed" is useful as well.
Rather than "completed" I'd use an "incomplete" note lol.
Last updated would be more useful then completed
I don't really see how last updated is useful at all in determining if a pool is complete or not. Just because nothing has been updated in awhile, it doesn't tell you if all scans for that work have been uploaded, or if the person scanning just decided to give up and not scan everything. Last updated would also be useless in determining anything about recently created pools.

Last Update would be more for determining if a pool is likely finalized, which isn't the same thing as determining if the pool is Complete with everything scanned. Which someone cares about more, I guess could depend on the user.

Below is what I suggested 9 months ago, but as soon as we have a way to determine if a pool is complete/incomplete, I could then see Last Updated having some usefulness in providing additional information about Complete pools.

Cyberbeing said:
Implement a way to tell if a Pool is complete or not (all pages of the work scanned & uploaded). This suggestion is designed to help both people downloading and those scanning/uploading, identify pools with missing pages.
For the Pool list page ( https://yande.re/pool ), add color coded boxes. A color for COMPLETE, a color for INCOMPLETE, and a color for UNKNOWN. Default everything to UNKNOWN for existing pools, but for the Pools with Amazon.co.jp links, attempt to automatically parse the page numbers.
For the Pool creation page ( https://yande.re/pool/create ), add a new entry for total number of pages (the number of pages that could potentially be uploaded for the work, NOT the number planned to be uploaded). List xxx of xxx pages on each Pool page. Make this value editable from the Pool page. When the number of images match the total number of image value, the server would automatically change the color coded value to the color for COMPLETE.
Thoughts?
If this was implemented, would people actually use it and find it helpful? Is counting/finding/adding the total number of potential pages for a Pool too much work?
I don't have the know how to add additional features to pools at the moment. Once my home PC is back to normal I will explore a way to at least add a last updated timestamp to pools so people can see ones that are updated.

I remembered a long time ago that any pool updates used to push the pool to the top of the list, can someone confirm that? Or maybe I'm just going crazy.
I'm pretty sure that was not the case. The pool stays in their position during creation, updates and anything else and there were no current way for the pool to jump back to the top.
admin2 said:
I don't have the know how to add additional features to pools at the moment.
For awhile now I've been curious. What ever happened to petopeto? In the past, he always seemed to be the one hacking new features into the site, and was even the one who graced us with the now infamous post browser.
admin2 said:
I remembered a long time ago that any pool updates used to push the pool to the top of the list, can someone confirm that? Or maybe I'm just going crazy.
I think I remember that it used to do that too.
admin2, how about using the updated_at column for pools?
You could do this:

Create a method for Pool model to touch the updated_at column:

def touch_updated_at
self.update_attribute(:updated_at, Time.now)
end
At the end of the transaction for both add_post and remove_post methods on Pool model you call touch_updated_at.

Then you add this to the index view:
<thead>
<tr>
. . .
<th width="*">Created</th>
<th width="*">Last updated at</th>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<% @pools.each do |p| %>
<tr class="<%= cycle 'even', 'odd' %>" id="p<%= p.id %>">
. . .
<td><%= time_ago_in_words(p.created_at) %> ago</td>
<td><%= time_ago_in_words(p.updated_at) %> ago</td>
</tr>
<% end %>
</tbody>
and the result will be this.

Cyberbeing said:
For awhile now I've been curious. What ever happened to petopeto? In the past, he always seemed to be the one hacking new features into the site, and was even the one who graced us with the now infamous post browser.
What, he's not among us anymore?
asterixvader said:
What, he's not among us anymore?
Judging from his account it looks like he's been lurking around every few months, but it feels like he stopped cold turkey doing site changes or posting on the forum during the past year or so, when he used to be extremely active. As a result, nowadays it seems all the site maintenance, updates, optimization, technical troubleshooting, and other coding duties are getting dumped entirely on admin2.

Just wondering if there is some reason he stopped being intimately involved with the maintenance of the the site? Taking a break? Busy with real life? Anybody know?
Cyberbeing said:
Just wondering if there is some reason he stopped being intimately involved with the maintenance of the the site? Taking a break? Busy with real life? Anybody know?
If admin2 doesn't know... I doubt anyone else would?
He occupied, so you guys can stop wondering now :P
and we have ac-town with admin2 now.
ROFL

Yes, let us not forgot petopeto was also the one who graced our image board with framing support, yet another great feature. ;)