Close
Obviously the latter would decrease the average page loading time on my end, but how does limit affect load on your servers? I want to find a balance between reducing loading time on my end and avoiding too much load on your servers.
The load for xml request is much lower than html request.

Another question: Updating a cache will be required every once in a while and if I want to fetch the data about a post (lets say with id=267) I could request /post/index.xml?tags=id:267 . However I could also use something like /post/index.xml?tags=id:218..317&limit=100 and attempt to fetch some random posts at the low chance of getting something useful. Again, how does it affect load? Any other suggestions for efficient queries?
You can save the last maximum change you have fetched and query everything after that: change:1094888.. (see below)

First of all, what the heck is 'frames_pending_string' and 'frames_string'? I have never seen anything in those fields and only Yande.re and Konachan have it. I'm starting to expect some kind of awesome special feature, don't disappoint me now ;)
First see this as example: https://yande.re/post/browse#/id:52058
The content is in "%dx%d,%dx%d" % [left, top, width, height] format, concatenated by ';' of there are more than one frame.

Secondly, (also Yande.re and Konachan only) why do you not provide 'has_comments' and 'has_notes' like every other Booru I have seen? It would require me to trow two extra API calls for every post if I want to include them, even when a post do not have them. Notes are pretty much unused here and I can live without the comments, so I will just disable it to improve performance.
I guess the API for that haven't been updated in moebooru.

What is 'change' btw?
Think of it as last modified identifier.

With /tag/related.xml, how do you get the related tags for a complete search and not just a single tag? If I try to space separate them, it returns a list for each tag.
currently not possible

Is there any way of finding which pool a certain post is in? I have found that you could use 'id:[some id] pool:*' to check if a post is in a pool or not. Same thing as comments and notes, I will not make an extra call, but I might make a 'search for pool' option. (I was just thinking it would be cool to have some sort of book view for the manga pools on other Boorus.)
currently no better way

I haven't noticed it before, but what are you basing the tags to the left on? Numbers are quite low and doesn't appear to change on other pages.
Magic. Or the tags of posts from last 24 hours. (hint: the latter)

Other Boorus tend to use a lot of tags though and you shouldn't use file paths which are longer than 260 characters on Windows. What do you use as a limit here?
No limit(tm). The actual filename on server is totally different anyway.

To have the most relevant tags (which is subjective), I was thinking making the filename like so: 'site_name post_id - artist_tags - copy_tags - character_tags - other_tags.ext'. When the filename become too long, take the last group of tags, sort them by tag count and remove the least occurring tags. Repeat into the other tag groups until the filename is short enough. Suggestions anyone?
Yeah, I guess some kind of filename sanitizing would be nice.

EDIT: Oh, the joy of posting on a new forums, second edit now to make the formatting work. Can't preview because: '414 Request-URI Too Large'...
A bug. Fixed.