Close
Comment Spammer
Hey guys, if your a mod here on Yande.re this user
https://yande.re/user/show/220110 "brookdokis"
is spamming giant walls of nonsensical text on comments, the acount was made today and has 2 spam comments on it, a forum thread that makes no sense and a wiki edit also making no sense at the time i'm writing this.
The mods have been combating this already. Just takes time. It's faster if you report this on IRC though.
Ok, thnx AZD i will.
Captcha at register page is needed...
I know it's an effort that may take time, but if mods want to stop guetting flagged comments on their inboxes or whatever, comments and forums may be closed forever...
animefan01 said:
Captcha at register page is needed...
I know it's an effort that may take time, but if mods want to stop guetting flagged comments on their inboxes or whatever, comments and forums may be closed forever...
I use that on another place and i can say it helps a lot but if the spammer is human (mostlikely the case here) he will spam regardless. But your right it does help. I just wanted to help and we ended up making a thread that's almost the same has spam :P
First of all for some reasons those two posts get "recorded" by spam industry so new accounts keep coming and posting spam there (and sometimes on forum).. Nothing mods can do besides deleting after posting now, unless we improve the register process, like to add Captcha as mentioned.

And about "flagged comments", that feature just doesn't work good. Everyone can flag any comments without any reason, and from what I see, most of them are just mis-clicking (it's too easy to do so). So I never delete comments based on that. However I (and lots of other mods) will read all the comments daily. So spamming comments will get deleted eventually.
Anyone know what this kind of spamming is supposed to accomplish? I mean surely nobody is going to read that kind of walls of text except maybe for the comedic value
Azarel said:
Anyone know what this kind of spamming is supposed to accomplish? I mean surely nobody is going to read that kind of walls of text except maybe for the comedic value
Search engine 'track'. Advertising in a sense by making it more likely their stuff to pop up during search.
we can probably ban the comment under those old posts which frequently being advertised by spam bots, hence no one can comment under those posts. I think most people are O.K. with that. This could be a temp solution.
Twinsenzw said:
we can probably ban the comment under those old posts which frequently being advertised by spam bots, hence no one can comment under those posts. I think most people are O.K. with that. This could be a temp solution.
Can't lock comment for a certain post ATM.
It just went overboard now... We need a captcha now because these accounts are flourishing faster than ever...
Yeah, it's getting out of control. Had to ban three accounts already today.

Spending too much time cleaning up afterwards.
Where is all this spam coming from anyways? I've been seeing lots of it.
Spambot, so... whatever spambot advertising companies come from.
They seem to be in the wiki more than the comments these days.
I've marked some entries for cleanup.

https://yande.re/wiki?query=Deletethisentry
zero|fade said:
They seem to be in the wiki more than the comments these days.
I've marked some entries for cleanup.

https://yande.re/wiki?query=Deletethisentry
done
zero|fade said:
Got six more for the axe.
taken care of~

thanks
zero|fade said:
Three more.
Done.
Have the bots changed tactics? They seem to be targeting the wiki
Radioactive said:
Have the bots changed tactics? They seem to be targeting the wiki
Yup, it's been going on for quite a while now.
zero|fade said:
Another eight.
dear lord, what do these even mean?
zero|fade said:
Another eight.
Sorted.
zero|fade said:
More.
Done.