Close
Browsers Report "SSL Certificate Expired"
Firefox warns about this and doesn't have the option to bypass the warning.

Chrome also warns about this and has the option to bypass it, but thumbnails can't be loaded without logged in.

Not tested with IE yet.
moonian said:

Chrome also warns about this and has the option to bypass it, but thumbnails can't be loaded without logged in.

Not tested with IE yet.
me too...
i can't access with ipad safari browser
now using chrome...
IE also have this warning...

My App can't get any data form server....
moonian said:

Not tested with IE yet.
even after login, the site's thumbnails still did not appear. hopefully this site will be back online soon. firefox still having trouble viewing the site
Presumably, whoever is supposed to renew the SSL certificate forgot. Maybe it got forgotten in the transition away from admin2 running things.
Chrome can access the site before even with SSL certificate warning. Right now both firefox and chrome cannot even allow any access to this site, thank god I still have IE as my final backup. IE still able to access the site. Yea like you said hopefully the site SSL certificate is update soon.
Well at least by timetravel one can still visit the site. (setting back system clock a day or two)
The only way I can access here now is changing the date of my pc ....
All Browsers are blocking this Site. FIX IT !!!
it seems they update it finally. Thank you very much to whoever update that certificate till 2017
Why do yande need an SSL certificate anyway? It´s a Imageboard, not a Site for Onlinebanking.
same, i got this problem few hours ago, but everything is fine now...yay
Got the warning earlier so decided to just try later. Now it works as some already mentioned.
gnarf1975 said:
Why do yande need an SSL certificate anyway? It´s a Imageboard, not a Site for Onlinebanking.
To protect your account information I think
Still not working on my end.

the Security Cert still shows the expired one on my end.

Just using chrome and the site barely works- thumbnails are dead and stuff
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now everything is fine!
so much "fix it".
Thank you for running Yande.re and giving us SSL, much love. //Ew
finally it is working again.
If you don't want your password to be out in the open where it can be stolen (thus allowing someone else to use and edit your account), then SSL is required. The same goes for stuff like tracking what you search for. Without SSL, it would all be in the open.
Kalessin said:
If you don't want your password..........
Makes sense
chrome told me the site was spreading malaware and didnt let me in, and then the SSL warning came later
Chrome did say that the cert was good until 2017 and now it and Explorer are BOTH saying that it's expired.

Chrome won't ever let me access the page.
Explorer will let me access it "even with the outdated cert", but when you search, a lot of the thumbnails are not loading.

It seems that it's random on if the cert if good or not.
The new cert seems to be for "Cloudfare" where the old cert was for "Yande.re"

Thanks
Still can't access the site with Firefox. I have to change the date on my computer to access it. Don't know why it works for everyone else and not for me. I cleared my Cookies. still not helping.
Talec said:
Still can't access the site with Firefox. I have to change the date on my computer to access it. Don't know why it works for everyone else and not for me. I cleared my Cookies. still not helping.
Works for me. The site should have already changed to Cloudflare (and with their valid certificate).
Not for me. still the old outdated certificate.
Talec said:
Not for me. still the old outdated certificate.
clear your cache etc, its local data that ruins it for you.
Anyone who use firefox :

1) Close the firefox
2) Go to %appdata%/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles
3) Enter the weird xxxxxx.default folder.
4) Delete secmod.db
5) Execute firefox and browse yande.re as usual with ssl
Still can't access with IE and chrome.I clean all the cookies and cache,but nothing changes,TOT.
I have to F5 (refresh) the page constantly and one out of 15 or so times, it'll use the new cert... otherwise it's using the old cert.

I even get the "Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server." error on the IPhone 5. And I've never have visited the site on it before.
There seem to be some random original image and sample image links (seemingly all 1yr old) which are redirecting to https://yande.re/post/show?md5=[md5hash] instead of showing the actual image during the past few days.

Probably a CloudFlare caching failure related to the invalid SSL certificate problem on the yande.re main server. So once this is resolved on the main server, someone should remember to reset CloudFlare and clear out its cache.
Cyberbeing said:
There seem to be some random original image and sample image links (seemingly all 1yr old) which are redirecting to https://yande.re/post/show?md5=[md5hash] instead of showing the actual image during the past few days.

Probably a CloudFlare caching failure related to the invalid SSL certificate problem on the yande.re main server. So once this is resolved on the main server, someone should remember to reset CloudFlare and clear out its cache.
It happened lots of times before, that was one reason why admin2 closed CloudFlare iirc.
Still getting the old certificate. deleted catche and appdata. I guess I'm doomed.