Close
Imagine Moe had a billion images...
... and you had them all on your hdd(/ssd) ... AND there would be a million new images each day... AND you want to make a torrent of them...

How would you sort them / archive them ?

The only way I could think of atm is sort / rar them by ID ...
Series/artist-based is wasted as any new image from a series/artist will make your previous rar obsolete/outdated...
Do what I did once, install php, mySQL and Apache, then install yourself a local copy of the software and go from there :)

Of course, tagging that many images by yourself would basically be a Sisyphean task but hey, if you've got the time and will I suppose it'd be possible.

Otherwise, I just categorize everything into specific groups (I don't worry about artist categories any more, too much hassle).
I have a loli folder and a not-loli folder, and in each of those I have stuff like 'angel & demi-human', 'bikini & beach', 'breasts & topless', 'nudes', 'clothed & cosplay', 'fantasy & sci-fi', 'miko', 'maid & waitress', and so on and so forth.

Works for me, I can generally find an image I want (for making wallpapers or such) without any fuss just by looking in the appropriate category folder :)
Oh, and of course I have seperated folders by A-Z and # for anime series images to keep them neat and tidy away from originals, and a folder for favourites. I'm quite organized when it comes to stuff like this heh.
browsing thousands of images with danboo soft is even a greater pain...

i got a search tool anyways which is way faster than danboos too... its just how i should arrange the image-data
Tagging is the right way to do things, but with the amount of images I have it isn't something I will be doing any time soon.

On my HDD I sort the images A-Z by series in folders. Artists get their own folders if the artwork isn't from a series/game etc Have a separate area for scanned artbooks.

Also seem to have multiple folders for unsorted images...

Not pretty, and I've got dupes, but it works for me.
any sorting based on names, artists or the like makes it easy to browse yeah sure...

but it makes it a pain to update...

and with the amount of images moe already has, its impossible/stupid to make a download with all images

danboo comes first, too
ever tried moving 300k images from drive A to (external) B ? takes milleniums...

im not sure if foldering a-z or artists or series is a good idea... updates would suck as you still cant be sure you have seen all til X ...
im not sure if foldering a-z or artists or series is a good idea... updates would suck as you still cant be sure you have seen all til X ...
De-duping is a right PITA as well.
if the images are the same filesize it's easy as pie (program called dup-finder I randomly discovered a few years back, works like a charm). If they're non-identical dups though, yeah that's a pain.
well, lets see how well they will like the danbooru torrent...

I guess ill upload moe to rapidshare, as well, lol ...
Radiosity said:
if the images are the same filesize it's easy as pie (program called dup-finder I randomly discovered a few years back, works like a charm). If they're non-identical dups though, yeah that's a pain.
I'd go with this too. Cause I know i have dupes of an image from the 3 image naming scheme from moe.