Close
Attaching images to forum posts
Added support for inlining images in forum posts and the wiki.

To inline an image, you need to upload it. From "More", select Forum->Inline Images, and create an image group. From there, add one or more images to the image set. Then, use the image tag at the top to inline it.

Obviously, this is a bit more involved than a typical image attachment. The two major features here are image comparisons, and cropping.

Comparisons should be clear with an example:

Click the image to expand it, then either click the image to compare back and forth, or select an image at the top.

Cropping makes it easy to examine and show details of an edit. This image was created by uploading two posts as inlines (just by pasting the image URLs into the source field), then cropping up close.

This can also be used in the wiki, which is actually what drove me to implement this: so we can write tutorials with inline images.
Awesome, thank you.
I realized how hard it is to describe faults when writing some wiki entries without any little samples to demonstrate the difference, especially when this site is all about the images.
It'll probably take some getting used to, but I think it should really help people learn how to fix things and improve the general quality of what gets uploaded.

Edit:
Would it be possible to add a link to inlining to the bottom of the forum page as well?
Ah ha, very nice new feature. It will be good to start playing around with other filtering and screening process for you guys to help me on :)

Other than IRC...
If you need to use an low-res/poor quality image for the wiki or forum I would recommend tagging it with something like 'wiki' and hiding it from the index.

Obviously don't want to delete these accidentally.