Close
Getting a "maintenance-ing 8D" when trying to access the site from China
Does it mean that website maintenance needs to block Chinese IP addresses for 8 days?
It's working as intended.
blooregardo said:
It's working as intended.
I see what you mean (;′⌒`)
We didn't block Chinese address (or anyone's, aside of spammer), we've updated the DNS but it seems that for some unknown reason your ISP do not update the DNS days ago when we perform maintenance. Is it possible for you to use a better DNS instead of the ISP's?
Checkmate said:
We didn't block Chinese address (or anyone's, aside of spammer), we've updated the DNS but it seems that for some unknown reason your ISP do not update the DNS days ago when we perform maintenance. Is it possible for you to use a better DNS instead of the ISP's?
Thanks for your reply,My ISP blocked the site,DNS cache poisoning ! ! !
They parsed yande.re to the wrong address,I must use a proxy or change the hosts to access the website.Because the host’s resolution is recorded as the previous IP address of the website, I encountered this type of problem.Now the problem has been solved.
Thank you so much.
Also, I want to mention that we will move over to TLS 1.3 eventually.

Whether the GFW will allow TLS 1.3 or not in the future is uncertain. Enjoy the legacy TLS while you can.
Checkmate said:
Also, I want to mention that we will move over to TLS 1.3 eventually.

Whether the GFW will allow TLS 1.3 or not in the future is uncertain. Enjoy the legacy TLS while you can.
The bad news is that the GWF has now blocked all https encrypted traffic that uses both TLS1.3 and ESNI.They started implementing this plan as early as the end of July.
It is certain that TLS 1.3 will be the only thing we support in the future, eventually.
Checkmate said:
It is certain that TLS 1.3 will be the only thing we support in the future, eventually.
Oh.May I ask you a question?Does the website allow images to be packaged and uploaded to a network disk to share with others?Such as Internet Archive,Mega,Google Drive,iCloud Drive.Perhaps this can reduce the attacks of crawlers or robots on websites to a certain extent, save website bandwidth, and provide faster loading speeds for other users. In addition, you can install BBR or BBRplus kernel and corresponding acceleration modules to reduce the impact of TCP blocking on loading.
You can do it within the established limits as a regular visitor. Although such mirror will be rendered obsolete in mere minutes.

I think it's pointless.