Close
Possible site speed up
Why possible? Requires me to pay another 100 a month for another 100mbit dedicated mirror server but I'm starting to cut close to my limit.

Would it be too much of a pain if I can get 100 in donations monthly to cover the cost?
how many servers are there anyways ?
ranka seems gone

also: how about putting old stuff chronological in a batch torrent? (like posts 1 - 50000 )
$100 USD?

I'm cool with donations. I'm also patient with a slower site, I can queue up downloads as well.

I'm not sure how large moe is anymore, but I imagine I could help seed a partial torrent. I've always got a machine running bittorrent, though it's auto racing season, so the majority of my bandwidth will likely be taken up by that.

So whatever's chosen, I'll donate in whatever way I can.
the last rsync i have has ~60,6k files and is ~170gb big

however, since rsync has been down like a month, i think we´re more @ 200gb now...

problem with batching is moes structure itself, yes danboos structure itself

its not like its the only imageboard i have on my hdd, and even hdd-hdd wise, moe is such a pain in managing!

speed + updatewise, a torrent wouldnt be the best btw.
OCH´s would be an idea, too! But to make updates to that, moe needs a totally different file-structure...

Or downloadtickets for downloading ? (wait XX seconds before download a pic )

As for speed-up:
you dont only need biger tubes to be faster!

A better / faster way to see/group images you like is another way, and doesnt require money, but lotsa braincells...
I don't mind donating some $$$ as long as the mirror server is the best way to 'expand' the site.
what happened to the other mirror servers btw ?

havent seen a single downloadlink with a server other than sheryl...

i wish moe had an ovh again for europe, get crappy speed to sheryl ...

besides ovh is 2tb for <40 euro
not sure how many traffic comes from non-US though...
I went ahead and setup the 100mbit dedicated, its not active until the 26th

re>besides ovh is 2tb for <40 euro

That'll last us 2 days.
admin2 said:
That'll last us 2 days.
Oh wow..... that's kinda insane >_<
so how much of moes traffic is european traffic ?
*raises hand*

Somehow I doubt I account for that much traffic though ;)
admin2 said:
I went ahead and setup the 100mbit dedicated, its not active until the 26th
I'm really glad about this, sheryl is taking a complete battering atm. It's seriously taking anything up to 10-15 minutes to load a 20mb image for me currently.
One idea which I'm sure others thought of already (I just thought of it though) is to turn on/off the option in user preferences where it loads the original image. Have it load the sample, then if you like it, you can save it and queue that up and just have them come in when they come in. Instead of waiting for the whole picture to load before saving.

Additionally, I find that if I wait for the whole picture to load, I often open multiple tabs of images, this causes FF2 to redownload whole images at times, meaning I'm using twice the bandwidth I really need.
Eruru said:
One idea which I'm sure others thought of already (I just thought of it though) is to turn on/off the option in user preferences where it loads the original image. Have it load the sample, then if you like it, you can save it and queue that up and just have them come in when they come in. Instead of waiting for the whole picture to load before saving.

Additionally, I find that if I wait for the whole picture to load, I often open multiple tabs of images, this causes FF2 to redownload whole images at times, meaning I'm using twice the bandwidth I really need.
That feature is off by default. And I open a few images in the background at once normally (opera doesn't mess about with things like that thankfully), but at the moment I'm trying to only have one tab opening a full-sized original at a time because sheryl does rather appear to be dying slowly, poor girl.
Eruru said: Additionally, I find that if I wait for the whole picture to load, I often open multiple tabs of images, this causes FF2 to redownload whole images at times, meaning I'm using twice the bandwidth I really need.
http://www.mozilla.com/ FF3 is out, and I haven't had that problem either with 2 or 3.x
Feito said:
http://www.mozilla.com/ FF3 is out, and I haven't had that problem either with 2 or 3.x
lol I'm already using it... I think it's just habit, I keep typing FF2 instead of FF3. Using FF 3.0.8 currently.
Opera has batch download in the background without opening tabs/links, so I don't feel inconvenient in current speed :)
Speed's fine by me. I would like to donate too but I don't have a credit card so sorry. =3
In my country paypal is not supported. Sorry =3
ranka's back in rotation...another server will be added soon..
admin2 said:
yay! The server's already updated! Thanks admin2!
admin2 said:
will her rsync be reenabled, too?
no uses too much io
ovh doubled its BW btw. wow nice

thats 4tb traff now for ks

or unmetered 200mbit for 2*49 euro Oo
or 200mbit per 1 eg 99 (the amd one has 8gig ram)

wouldnt that help moe quite a bit ?
not worth the trouble

Like I said there's going to be 300mbits of dedicated bw that isn't on shared/unmetered and that will be active on the 26th of this month.
ranka is 100mbit ks now i guess... well thats cool

too bad i cant update anylonger
The site has an API, you can find a better way. The site was unusably slow because of rsync a while back...
would be cool if members could switch between servers, or could priorize them (like from RS)

i get slow speeds from sheryl, but awesome from ranka...
That would lead inevitably to the following scenario:

Everyone: God ranka's slow. I'll switch to sheryl!

1 week later.

Everyone: God sheryl's slow. I'll switch to ranka!

1 week later.

Rinse repeat ad nauseum.

;p
geoip-bla didnt work , thought european traffic goes to european server...
us traff => us server