Close
vonMooky said:
The style mismatch still makes it look weird. The point about bamboo not being straight is valid, so maybe replacing the original image fence with the AI-style fence would look best. Or it could just be normal wood.

A bit off-topic - did you switch which upscaler you use? I wanted to ask opinions on which looks best. But since the same models seem to produce different output between GUIs, asking an opinion is only valid if you also use snowshell.

Anyway, if you do use snowshell which one looks best to you - caffe or cugan?
It does look a bit weird, but I think it looks better than just having a really long fence by duplicating the original. Running refine on the original fence could have also worked to make it look less perfect and digital as well.

Yeah, I tried out snowshell! Their output looks the same to me, though snowshell is far less annoying, but at the same time, I'm not a fan of the simple "drop 'n' go" interface. Extension-GUI gives you more to tweak before you hit go. Plus, you have more resolution options than simply "2x" and "4x". Like, you can specify the horizontal/vertical resolution and it'll upscale the image to that size while maintaining aspect ratio. This is handy since I'm not upscaling the image any more than is necessary. I dunno, maybe there's technical reasons why upscaling in factors of 2 is better?

Definitely CUGAN! It does look a bit blurrier than CAFFE, but that can be reduced by lowering the noise reduction.