Close
Mod Queue
What would be the drawback of turning on the mod queue ALA Danbooru? Of course some uploaders would have raised privileges to bypass the mod queue.

http://danbooru.donmai.us/wiki/show?nordirect=1&title=about%3Amod_queue

That would be a major change to how the site works though, and I'm not sure if it is easy to implement.

Thoughts, peeps?
Dunno, don't think it'd be as much use here where there aren't a few hundred or more images being uploaded every day. You keep things pretty tight around here anyway so I think this would just be unnecessary work.
I'm not so hot on this idea.
One of the things I really like about being here is that we can trust the users to upload good stuff, unlike say, Animepaper. And for the most part, people have been pretty good about that, but of course, there have been a few problem users lately (you know who I'm talking about), who frustrate me to no end. Those require a couple hours to clean up after each day, and I don't know if a mod queue would fix that.

You'd still see the posts in the index, just with a blue outline, and we delete things that wouldn't make it through there pretty quickly. We'd have worry about this whole privileges business, which seems like too much work sometimes. It's really sucky to be a normal level member sometimes - can't vote, ads with slow loading times, can't view certain parts of the history, two tag searching-- it's not bad enough here that we need to take such drastic measures.

I'm not averse to an upload limit for some people though. Either a daily limit, or a set number of slots that would get freed up if you had posts approved. The second option would bring in the mod queue, but only for those problem people.
Aurelia said:
I'm not so hot on this idea.
One of the things I really like about being here is that we can trust the users to upload good stuff, unlike say, Animepaper. And for the most part, people have been pretty good about that, but of course, there have been a few problem users lately (you know who I'm talking about), who frustrate me to no end. Those require a couple hours to clean up after each day, and I don't know if a mod queue would fix that.

You'd still see the posts in the index, just with a blue outline, and we delete things that wouldn't make it through there pretty quickly. We'd have worry about this whole privileges business, which seems like too much work sometimes. It's really sucky to be a normal level member sometimes - can't vote, ads with slow loading times, can't view certain parts of the history, two tag searching-- it's not bad enough here that we need to take such drastic measures.

I'm not averse to an upload limit for some people though. Either a daily limit, or a set number of slots that would get freed up if you had posts approved. The second option would bring in the mod queue, but only for those problem people.
Yea i agree...beside few users we don't have big problems here.
I'm with Sayo and Aurelia. On the off hours, some bad post may appear, but usually they are deleted right away due to insufficient standing to either quality or resolution. Unless there has been an increasingly bad issue with horrid post lately, the usual setup we have now is more than efficient.

ps: No it's not that we're lazy now ^^
I'd rather like to know why danbooru has this system.
The Danbooru philosophy of "only post stuff the mods like".
Obviously not popular then. I can live without it.
petopeto said:
The Danbooru philosophy of "only post stuff the mods like".
If we were to quote that. Such a single sided opinion >.<