Close
how can i resize a image without loosing quality??
hey!! i was hoping someone can help me!!....the thing is i see the images from here in rsolutions such as 2000x1500 and the quality is great so i was hoping someone can teach or tell me how to do it.. cause i have images from 300x400 and i want to make them bigger an better

thanks and sorry for the troubles
uh, I think you're mistaken on how resizing images would work, unless that 300x400 image is magically lossless then you can upscale it...

even then it'll look like crap...
admin2 said:
uh, I think you're mistaken on how resizing images would work, unless that 300x400 image is magically lossless then you can upscale it...

even then it'll look like crap...
so there isnt a way to make it bigger it doesnt have to be huge and how do you do to rize a regular image without loosing quality i mean any image ...and thanks for the response
If you had images 300x400 and you're trying to upsize them to around the 2000x1500 size you are upsizing the horizontal pixels by 666% and the verticle by 375%. Keep the pixels in a proportional ratio.

For you it would 3:4. But such a small resolution already, and you're upsizing them over 500%, I don't think that can be accomplished (while looking nice ^^)

Even with a image of similar color ranges, such as post #81153 as an example. The initial quality is quite good so it makes a great example choice. I took the original and resized to 25% making it 400x300 then upsizing it by 400% back to it's original size to simulate an image you would have.

ex - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/aoie_emesai/test_217.jpg

Blurry compared to the original - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/aoie_emesai/test_219.jpg

Basically you're taking 120,000 pixels worth of data and trying to make create the same amount of data into 1,920,000 pixels.
Someone's been watching too much CSI.
Well this was helpful. I can stop trying to make small images becoming big while trying to keep the quality as it was when small. Wish will never be granted.

Just hope the really great images aren't small. That so burns me up.
Midzki magically made it 100% bigger :)

That probably is about the max you can do.

Varion said:
Someone's been watching too much CSI.
I am CSI! They watch me. ^^

j/k
aoie_emesai said:
... Midzki magically made it 100% bigger ...
...What.
Saenz said:
...What.
I'm kidding by this of course. Read the comments on the post if you want to know how midzki did it.
Now that I think about it, I should've replied with:

aoie_emesai said:
... Midzki magically made it 100% bigger ...
That's what SHE said!
Q: How can i resize a image without loosing quality?
A: You send it to the FBI of course.
Enhance. Enhance. Enhance. Enhance. Ok, now rotate the image to see around it. Scan the pixels for traces of DNA and construct a 3D model of the person that drew it.