Close
Chatbox
Are there any plans for a shoutbox/live chat section for moe? Or even a list of active users on the site?

Or have I missed something?
Radioactive said:
Are there any plans for a shoutbox/live chat section for moe? Or even a list of active users on the site?

Or have I missed something?
I would actually like both of these sugesstions ^^. A chatbox would be nice and an active user box would be just as good.
aoie_emesai said:
I would actually like both of these sugesstions ^^. A chatbox would be nice and an active user box would be just as good.
It'll give moe more of a 'community' feel to it.
I can setup a java irc client?
admin2 said:
I can setup a java irc client?
Would be nice. Active user box would be just as handy.
By the way: Is there actually already an "official" irc channel?
#moe-imouto@irc.rizon.net is the official channel
http://moe.imouto.org/irc/

java irc client, might be replaced not too sure atm.
I haven't used IRC in a bit >.< I gotta go learn the commands again ^_^
There must be an open source chatbox you could use?
Haven't been able to find anything of the sort for ruby/rails atm
Any further news on this?
Not at the moment, haven't evaluated any of them yet.

I have found one I like, but I'll have to customize it for the site so it'll probably be a few days
admin2 said:
Not at the moment, haven't evaluated any of them yet.

I have found one I like, but I'll have to customize it for the site so it'll probably be a few days
Could you let the mods see a list of all active users on the website?
Dunno how atm <_<; I don't know ruby that well still.
I don't want to pressure you, but any further news on a chatbox/active user list?
People could just get on IRC, chatboxes are clumsy and ugly ...
Yeah I'm not big on the chatbox either - it's just an excuse for people to be dumb. We have forums and PMs and IRC if need be.

That said, so long as users had the option to turn it off if they want, I have no actual reason to object to seeing it implemented. It won't affect me.
I'm more interested in an active user list (With the option for mods to hide)

Sometimes it feels like you are the only person on this site...
An active user list would need to let any user hide, or it'll drive away people. I know I prefer to stay hidden on most sites and being forced to have my online status visible would be a turn-off.

It's a bit tricky, since it would need to differentiate types of activity: RSS/atom queries don't count; maybe post/index wouldn't, since many people--myself included--idly refresh the index occasionally while doing other things (which doesn't mean I'm actually "here")...