Close
API - Pools question
Hello.
I'm the developer of Danbooru Client, a client application for KDE that uses the Danbooru API to access boards such as this one. Recently I've been looking into integrating pools support, so that pools could be easily queryable from the interface.
Actually, I can do that just fine (pool/index.xml or pool/index.json work): the issue is when I want to get the post listing. Neither pool/list.xml nor pool/list.json seem to be present (404).
Am I doing something wrong? Were they removed intentionally (notice that I have no problem with that)? Is the API documentation outdated?

Thanks a lot!
api docs is outdated, was a direct copy of danbooru's source from a long time ago...

we also don't really apply upstream changes frequently
admin2 said:
api docs is outdated, was a direct copy of danbooru's source from a long time ago...
So, does this mean that it is not possible, at the moment, to query pools via the API, or is the URL different?
There's no API for pools right now. There might be one upstream, but we havn't merged in a while. It's pretty clean to just use post/index and search for eg. "pool:123". We sort by pool order automatically if you search that way, but I don't think that's done upstream. (It makes more sense to have one API for querying posts anyway--just vary the search string--than to have several similar APIs.) It doesn't expose the order string, though (which is also used for the filename in the ZIPs).