Close
About import pics from pixiv
Is there any means to make sure the import from pixiv is legit?

Pixiv does not allow other users to forward illustrations without the artists' permissions. I think we better follow.

I mean they post their works for free access already. All they want is users to register and give some response or communication. There's no particular need to steal or re-post to other sites in a regular fashion. 1 or 2 for introduction may be fine although it have already violated the rules.
I believe all the pixiv images here have links back to the artists page as well as being tagged with the artists name.
If we would follow the copyright law perfectly this site wouldn't have any pictures at all
Azarel said:
If we would follow the copyright law perfectly this site wouldn't have any pictures at all
We do a lot more then some sites.
Nobody ever wants their pictures re-posted anywhere. That goes for the pictures that are scanned and the pictures that are in galleries on the internet. I don't think there's particular reason for Pixiv to be a special exception. I'm just glad we go to the trouble to link to the artists' sites and give them the proper credit.
dolphinjet said:
Pixiv does not allow other users to forward illustrations without the artists' permissions. I think we better follow.
Pixiv doesn't get to say what you can do with the works on it; they don't own the illustrations, the artists do.

If an actual artist asks us to remove a picture, then we will, but Pixiv is an irrelevant third party.
Riven said:
Nobody ever wants their pictures re-posted anywhere.
In fact, I liked how the Tony Taka scans spread fast over the imageboards. Comprensible, due to the nature of the images.
I am obviously not talking about law here as the pictures are viewable free already, but that you can visit their site and rate them or even talk with the authors.

Nor did I say pixiv own the right of the arts in any way, it's up to the authors as mentioned in quote. I'm sure some of them don't mind at tall.

I am putting this up only because I would like to spend some deeper thoughts as I respect the free service which pixiv provide. And don't ask me to rank which site is the bigger brother.
You said very clearly that Pixiv "doesn't allow" something which they have no say in.

If an artist asks us not to post his stuff here, we'll remove it. Otherwise, we'll repost stuff worth reposting, where it can actually be seen by people who don't want to wade through the miles of garbage. The only site I've seen with a comparable amount of crap to Pixiv is DLsite; there's so much of it that finding anything decent is next to impossible. It also requires a login just to view images, which is absurd, and a particular hassle for the majority of people who don't know the language.