Close
Is there a better approach for dupes than parenting them? Having dupes parented causes a problem: there are so many of them that it drowns out the whole parenting system. Whenever I see the "this post has children", I'm inclined not to click it, because the majority of the time it's going to just be a dupe. That means I'm likely to miss the occasional parented posts that are actually interesting.

What's the rationale for keeping dupes around, anyway? I understand keeping ones that have already been favorited (though migrating the favorites when deleting a dupe would be better--no interface to do that, I think), and leaving originals when the new one is a fix (some people may not like color adjustments or crops and want the original), but I don't understand most of them.

Hmm. It'd help if the text said how many posts were in the group: "This post belongs to a parent post with 10 children." (Dupes will usually have just 1.) But it seems better to just flag it and stick a post #link to the better/original in a no-bump comment.