Close
'Similar on moe.imouto.org'
Is there anyway to kick this off as default after an upload? You can manually select it to detect dupes, but could we make it compulsory?
It has a simple XML interface. I think it wouldn't be too hard to have a post/dupe_check page that loads instead of post/show after an upload: query similar, lists them and asks "do you want to keep this upload?", and maybe "do you want to reparent (or reparent + tag dupe) any of these to your upload?". Probably could flesh out the design a little to replace the similar-on-moe link with it (and only show "keep it?" for the initial upload, maybe replaced with "delete it?" for mods). It'd be mostly a regular post index page, with the * on the directlink box replaced with the similarity %.

Saying "no" to "keep it" would just be the same as deleting the image, so it'd still show up in the index in the meantime (without something like a "pending dupe check" post status and a timeout, which would be more intrusive in the code).

API uploads (plugins) wouldn't see this, though.

(I don't know if rq is actively working on dupe checking. There's a "danbooru_image_similarity" module in svn, but it isn't used yet. It's not worth doing our own if he's doing it.)
Until a better dupe checking system is in place, this works for me.

Don't know how much time admin2 & co can assign to this.
I might be willing to give a shot at it, but after the sample images stuff settles down and there's an svn set up (manual diffing is a pain and error-prone).
svn will be up sometime this weekend
I have this working, both as a dupe check and a replacement for the "similar posts on..." links. I'll send a patch once svn is up.
I'm still waiting on cyanoacry to get the svn up, he's pretty busy. Sorry for the delay.
Here's a Greasemonkey script: load it for any page (or all pages), alt-shift-click an image, and it'll do an image search for it in a new tab. Helps a lot for going through lots of images.

http://pastebin.com/f7c53e61b

(I'll make it use the in-board search once that's merged.)
OK. I've got Greasemonkey installed but I can't get this to work. Can you go through the setup step-by-step?
Nearly forgot to mention that I'm using Kubuntu 7.10
If you save it as "script.user.js" (.user.js is important, apparently) and drag it into the scriptmonkey management dialog, it should add it. I don't know if that works in your interface (Windows here). If it doesn't, select "new user script", fill in anything for the field names and "*" for "includes", and then paste the script into the file it creates (it loads an editor for me).

If it's loaded, when you click the greasemonkey icon (in the bottom-right) you should see the script name with a check next to it.

Caveat: the image needs to be part of a webpage, and not loaded directly (greasemonkey doesn't let you run scripts on anything but HTML).
Opening the script.user.js in the browser is enough to get Greasemonkey to prompt to install it.

I'm getting a 'File 65108add632175c15bdc8f2cfb03832f.jpg too large (2092 KB)' when using the script. Are you pointing it to the correct location?
It doesn't have any special logic for image boards; it sends whatever you click on. You'll need to click a thumbnail to get it to send one.

At some point I'll probably make it a bit smart for danboorus: figure out the thumb path when clicking on the image in a post, and pass the tags, etc. through so the image search can offer an upload form with defaults. It's a bit inconvenient to open several post pages, and then when I decide I might want to upload something, to have to backtrack to the index and find the correct thumb to click on.
LOL - I was clicking on the main image. That'll teach me.
This is up and running.

"Similar on moe" and "similar on danbooru" are replaced with "Find dupes" and "Find similar". These both go to the image search. "Find similar" searches all known databases on the image search. "Find dupes" searches only moe.

Uploaded posts run through the image search; matches over 90% bring up the dupe check page, which gives instructions to delete the post, reparent the old one to the new one, or reparent and add the "duplicate" tag.

The edit drop-down works for images on moe; using it on external images should simply do nothing.

Direct links in the search results are provided for moe images, but images on other boards just go to the post page.

The image search accepts a url parameter, like the main image search, for scripting. It accepts some others related to this; I'll make a separate post about that when I post the updated Greasemonkey script. It also outputs XML, if asked.
http://pastebin.com/f1f6b1996

Here's an updated script. It uses the built-in search renderer, and has a few other tricks:

Select an image on a danbooru (thumbnail or the actual image); it'll pick up the tags, rating and actual URL and pass them through the image search. From there, select "upload this image" on the left and you'll get the upload form with those things filled out already. (It's smart enough to send the thumbnail for the image search but to give the real URL for the upload form.)

Of course, you'll need to edit the tags appropriately; I'm assuming anyone serious enough about uploading here to even find this (much less use it) will know enough to do that.

It can be made to do this for any site that can have some or all of this information parsed out in some way. I implemented it for e-shuushuu.net, too. That's not all that useful (not much there that isn't here already), but it shows how to do it.

It also has the image-centering and fixed-tag-link bits from the previous script. Just edit those out if you don't want them.