Close
Deleted images
I'm considering adding a 'deleted' tag to deleted images, so they can be blacklisted.

But to make it even easier, is there a way to set this as a checkbox option in our profiles? That is, check the box if you want to see the dupe placeholders, uncheck the box if you don't (or vice versa).

Thoughts? I'm not at all against the idea of the placeholders, because it's good to know whether blank spaces are from blacklisted tags or deleted images. But for those who would rather have nothing appear, is the above feasible?

A benefit of it being a tag is that you can add '-deleted' to your searches and get rid of deleted images without seeing less than 16 images a page, though if that can be automated with a checkbox too, that's fine.
Shuugo says this is temporary until a "deleted:true" search flag is added. I wouldn't go to too much effort for it.

IMO, the placeholders are ugly and not useful. Rather, it takes more work when browsing images because I have to scan through the placeholders. I can cope with them until the upstream changes are finished, though.
petopeto said: Shuugo says this is temporary until a "deleted:true" search flag is added. I wouldn't go to too much effort for it.
Ok, makes sense. I had already went ahead and started tagging anyway though. Done ~800 of ~900 pages so I'll just finish (only about 300 deleted images so far), since it's going so quickly (only about 45 mins since I posted this and maybe 40 since I started... moe is loading incredibly fast tonight). You can start adding -deleted to your searches until they implement then new change.

Edit: and... done.
I don't know if this has already been suggested, but if an image IS deleted, can the post area auto-sort itself? It can look a little odd with missing images.
Radioactive said:
I don't know if this has already been suggested, but if an image IS deleted, can the post area auto-sort itself? It can look a little odd with missing images.
What browser are you using? I see them fine
Shuugo said: What browser are you using? I see them fine
I think radioactive means that if something is missing, and say 6 of the 16 posts are blocked or whatever, that the next 6 images from the next page would come in and fill the blanks.

I think danbooru used to do this, but Albert set it the way it is now because it apparently took a lot less bandwidth. I'm sure it's something that can be modified if needed.
That is correct. When I've deleted a few dupes, I would end up with a post page only showing a few images. It wasn't intelligently re-sorting the images.
Radioactive said: That is correct. When I've deleted a few dupes, I would end up with a post page only showing a few images. It wasn't intelligently re-sorting the images.
Hmm, well, what it should be doing now is showing a picture of Momose Kurumi from Pani Poni Dash, with the words "Image Deleted" as a placeholder for the deleted images. You aren't getting that?
I should have said 'pre-placeholders'
jxh2154 said:
I think radioactive means that if something is missing, and say 6 of the 16 posts are blocked or whatever, that the next 6 images from the next page would come in and fill the blanks.

I think danbooru used to do this, but Albert set it the way it is now because it apparently took a lot less bandwidth. I'm sure it's something that can be modified if needed.
Ah I know, it's not a bandwidth problem, is more like cpu power. If the blacklisting is not done locally via javascript, the server wouldn't be able to cache the post/list and it would be CPU expensive.

It's not something that can be changed easily with a major rewrite or without disabling cache (or so I think, not sure though)
I wonder why it doesn't just filter deleted images in the SQL query, cache based on that, and then just use uncached requests for the (probably few) people who want them. Is that what's going on with that "deleted:true" search key?
petopeto said:
I wonder why it doesn't just filter deleted images in the SQL query, cache based on that, and then just use uncached requests for the (probably few) people who want them. Is that what's going on with that "deleted:true" search key?
Is probably going to work how you say but it's still not implemented. AFAIK deleted posts now will have their own database table
I'm not going to upload any Lucky Star MT scans until there is a 'fix' I don't think anyone will appreciate a post page full of 'image deleted' placeholders.

I thought placeholders were a good idea until I realized how many possible dupes are awaiting me in that folder...

(Blame the MT uploaders for that)
Radioactive said:
I'm not going to upload any Lucky Star MT scans until there is a 'fix' I don't think anyone will appreciate a post page full of 'image deleted' placeholders.

I thought placeholders were a good idea until I realized how many possible dupes are awaiting me in that folder...

(Blame the MT uploaders for that)
Probably the fix will be out this Wednesday seeing when the danbooru code gets updated
A ha, that is what i've been seeing. I thought someone spammed a bunch of those images, lol ^^
I've reverted a change that upstream put up a few days ago, deleted pics shouldn't show anymore