Close
Sortable columns on the "Pools" page would be useful. Sorting by updated would be especially handy to keep from having to search pages deep on older pools that currently have 0 posts, but might be updated later.
tohsaka_fan said:
Sortable columns on the "Pools" page would be useful. Sorting by updated would be especially handy to keep from having to search pages deep on older pools that currently have 0 posts, but might be updated later.
Just found this: https://yande.re/forum/show/17008

Appears to be exactly what I was looking for!
I've noticed a few times but the dupe/similar search doesn't seem to work when one of the images has a border and the other one doesn't, like these two;
https://yande.re/post/show/182229
https://yande.re/post/show/181155

Even an outside iqdb search gives only one image here.

Well, just something I noticed, I can always scroll through the artist's images if I suspect there's a dupe that should be tagged by parent/child...
I wouldn't mind having an option for larger thumbnails in the browse. On my 2560 X 1440 monitor those thumbs are pretty small. Something like 1.5x or 2x the current lxw combo would be great. I realize this isn't a small request given the need to regenerate a lot of thumbs, and will impact storage. Still, I think having the option at least given the prevalence of larger/higher resolution monitors would be great.
Also, an option to download PNG's from a pool would be nice too. So for each image either a PNG if available or the larger/higher resolution JPG if there is no PNG.
RandaAlThor66 said:
Also, an option to download PNG's from a pool would be nice too. So for each image either a PNG if available or the larger/higher resolution JPG if there is no PNG.
There is. Enable "advanced editing" in Settings
RandaAlThor66 said:
I wouldn't mind having an option for larger thumbnails in the browse. On my 2560 X 1440 monitor those thumbs are pretty small. Something like 1.5x or 2x the current lxw combo would be great. I realize this isn't a small request given the need to regenerate a lot of thumbs, and will impact storage. Still, I think having the option at least given the prevalence of larger/higher resolution monitors would be great.
The thumb file is actually larger (300px) than what it presents.
You can customize it using CSS with extensions like Stylus to a degree.

For example:

@-moz-document domain("yande.re") {
.inner {
width: 250px !important;
height: 250px !important;
}

a.thumb > img {
width: auto;
height: auto;
max-width: 250px !important;
max-height: 250px !important;
}

ul#post-list-posts > li {
width: 260px !important;
height: 280px !important;
}
}
fireattack said:
There is. Enable "advanced editing" in Settings
Thanks!
fireattack said:
The thumb file is actually larger (300px) than what it presents.
You can customize it using CSS with extensions like Stylus to a degree.

For example: ....
I'll play around with that, but it would be nice to have the ability to set the max size that is displayed by default in my account settings (including up to full size). Though I know that would depend on whether the actual pages are generated dynamically.
One last suggestion for now: When a post is updated with an artist tag, I think that tag should always show in the file name. Ie even if a lot of other tags are added first, any artist tags (or at least the first) should get priority and be moved to the top so that it's always included in the file name. I've noticed that even if it is first or second on the tag list (after a group), if it was added late it can be left off the filename.
Really wished the upload page could warn you that an similar and/or the exact image was uploaded already. I mean it does if you upload something from your hard drive, but not if it's a link.
I think a feature to change over how many columns the images are spread would be nice. The standard four (phone) are nice and all, but I personally prefer a single column, while people on other image boards seem to prefer larger amounts of columns.
i like official_art stuff
it's a bit of bummer the site don't want it
I hope it's ok if I throw this in here: the 1 and 2 button on the keyboard also correspond to "One button quick commands" on Opera or Vivaldi browsers for "next tab" and "previous tab".
It would be cool if I could turn 'your' hotkeys off, now I have a lot of completely random votes and can't even "batch-remove" them.

TL,DR: Option to turn off the site specific shortcuts (or even change them) like, "1" and "2".
I'm all for the 1.6 megapixel rule, but the algorithm which checks the res has some issues. Currently the lowest allowed resolution is 1600×1000 (and 1300×1300) and it still holds back anything below 1600×1200 for moderator approval. Like I have/had 1637×1158 and 1690×1125 res images held back. I think it's unnecessary workload on the mods for artworks which will be approved anyway, since it takes days for the mods to get around and check the pics, in the meanwhile it fills up the 5 "pending for approval" slots for uploaders too quickly.

Or just change the rule to 1.9 megapixels with an algorithm which takes into account the variations of horizontal and vertical size and be strict with it.
dick_dickinson said:
I'm all for the 1.6 megapixel rule, but the algorithm which checks the res has some issues. Currently the lowest allowed resolution is 1600×1000 (and 1300×1300) and it still holds back anything below 1600×1200 for moderator approval. Like I have/had 1637×1158 and 1690×1125 res images held back. I think it's unnecessary workload on the mods for artworks which will be approved anyway, since it takes days for the mods to get around and check the pics, in the meanwhile it fills up the 5 "pending for approval" slots for uploaders too quickly.

Or just change the rule to 1.9 megapixels with an algorithm which takes into account the variations of horizontal and vertical size and be strict with it.
both 1637×1158 and 1690×1125 are under 1.92MP. There's nothing checking width and height separately.
edogawaconan said:
both 1637×1158 and 1690×1125 are under 1.92MP. There's nothing checking width and height separately.
Yeah, but both of them are above 1.8 and one of them just a touch above 1.9 (1690×1125=1901250pixels=1.901MP).

https://yande.re/wiki/show?title=howto%3Aupload
https://yande.re/forum/show/20793
"This site is intended for high resolution/quality images. Minimum resolution for uploading is 1.6 Megapixel (1300x1300 or 1000x1600 and up). Anything below it will be blocked from being uploaded, and anything below 1.8MP"

https://yande.re/forum/show/20821
"All images under 1.9 MP will be sent to the mod queue, to be approved by a staff at his/her discretion."
▲▲▲▲▲
This should be updated on the how-to page, since it's clearly outdated. This was the one that misled me in the first place. Or if the rule is already 1.92MP then I understand everything regarding my previous comment, but the the rule should be communicated somewhere.
dick_dickinson said:
Yeah, but both of them are above 1.8 and one of them just a touch above 1.9 (1690×1125=1901250pixels=1.901MP).

https://yande.re/wiki/show?title=howto%3Aupload
https://yande.re/forum/show/20793
"This site is intended for high resolution/quality images. Minimum resolution for uploading is 1.6 Megapixel (1300x1300 or 1000x1600 and up). Anything below it will be blocked from being uploaded, and anything below 1.8MP"

https://yande.re/forum/show/20821
"All images under 1.9 MP will be sent to the mod queue, to be approved by a staff at his/her discretion."
▲▲▲▲▲
This should be updated on the how-to page, since it's clearly outdated. This was the one that misled me in the first place. Or if the rule is already 1.92MP then I understand everything regarding my previous comment, but the the rule should be communicated somewhere.
Updated.
please consider changing irc network or adding channel to other, that supports tor v3 routing, for example darenet, oftc, volatile.bz, darkscience (v2 only so not recommended). your site works perfectly fine with tor browser, for which i am very very thankful, so i guess access to irc through tor is a must. i hope possible channel flooding won't be a detraction as i find even on this site some pointless negative arguing.
many thanks for your awesome booru.
seeek said:
please consider changing irc network or adding channel to other, that supports tor v3 routing, for example darenet, oftc, volatile.bz, darkscience
would be nice. please consider.

please change colour of "fixed" tag for better visibility that image is altered. dark orange, browns, beige would be fine.
consider changing stars under posts to something more representative. i can make pixel icons if you need. for example flower (pink meaning sakura if you like), leaf, arrows, vignettes. call me if you need some original stuff. cheers!
a warning about low res image when using the file select rather than after hitting upload would be very convenient.
Why don't we have a discord here or something?
^ this is a great idea
MooningSpoon said:
Why don't we have a discord here or something?
Because someone has to moderate it. I could understand if we had one for mods & admin though.
Overhaul tagging. I don't know who had the stupid idea to abolish a lot of general tags, but it made it harder to look for specific content. And became tagging inconsistent. Some categories have half a dozen overlapping tags others left without a single one.
dick_dickinson said:
Overhaul tagging.
I don't see that happening.
Radioactive said:
I don't see that happening.
That's disappointing.
dick_dickinson said:
That's disappointing.
Think about the effort required as we have a huge amount of images that would need someone to go back through and tag.

If you ask my opinion, we should actually get rid of the general tags, and focus on the more important ones.
Radioactive said:
Think about the effort required as we have a huge amount of images that would need someone to go back through and tag.

If you ask my opinion, we should actually get rid of the general tags, and focus on the more important ones.
General tags are important. Those are what makes the site actually usable. Those are what actually help find the kind of artworks that you are actually interested in. General tags shouldn't have been done away in the first place and it wouldn't be a problem reintroducing them.

I'm not even sure that someone would have to go through all the posts to add the new-old tags. The transition would be longer, but the community would eventually do it for you.
i agree with removing *some* of the general tags, like "ass". booru is already bloated with deviant tier artworks, so what difference will be if you find ~51K ass pics vs. 1K with actually decent pieces or scans. you won't live enough to consume them anyway.

again i recommend changing colour of "fixed" tag to some specific colour for better visibility of altered posts. dark orange, browns, beige would be fine. maybe "altered" would be more appropriate?